Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried out my Spanish Mauser sporter .243 and my Yugo 24/47. Should have brought better targets. Was using my home made white with 1in sq blk center. Good for hand guns out to 15 yards but not so much for rifles at 50.Should have realized 243 hole is about as big as a 22. Finally realized I was about 8-10 in high. Only had 20 rounds and blew thru those pretty quick. Had 1 problem: The extractor would get pulled forward trying to extract a couple of rounds. Turns out the band on the bolt the extractor body slides over needed to be spread out a little. Hope it holds up.
The 24/47 was great with the old irons. Made nice big holes. Good for old eyes. Was at the lowest elevation and I had to aim about 4-5 in low to be on or near the 1in blk sq. Was shooting Egyptian surplus from 1958. Not problems but dirty and corrosive. Brought my Ballistol and water mix and gave it a good drenching. I'm not much of bench shooter. Just can't get comfortable behind the rifle the few times I go.
Sorry no target pics. Had to take a leak and my son covered my targets when he set up at the pistol range shooting his DE .50. By the way he got a little lazy and empty cut him on the forehead. Said he wears a hat next time. That thing is crazy. But fun. Just keep some band aids with you. LOL.

·
Registered
473 Posts
if memory serves me the sights are for 100 so that isn't bad if you were at 50. I took binos to see 243 holes and had a spotter also and still had to guess sometimes now dead on at 100 got my son to make me 150 more rounds will let you know how my bride does with those when they get here. she was at .5 @100 for 15 shots with the load.87 gr vmax. Can't remember the powder but will ask. Mike

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if memory serves me the sights are for 100 so that isn't bad if you were at 50. I took binos to see 243 holes and had a spotter also and still had to guess sometimes now dead on at 100 got my son to make me 150 more rounds will let you know how my bride does with those when they get here. she was at .5 @100 for 15 shots with the load.87 gr vmax. Can't remember the powder but will ask. Mike[/QUOTE

The sporter with the scope is a little awkward for me on a bench. Just can't seem to get lined up comfortably behind it. It's an inexpensive Tasco 3x9-40. But ok for plinking. If I shoot rifles 3 times a year it's a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.