Finally got to take my new P3AT out

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by sneech, Jul 6, 2008.

1. sneech

sneech New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I bought it a few months ago but haven't had the chance to shoot it.

Happy to say I didn't have any problems. Fired 50 WWB and 19 Golden Sabers.

It's pretty small in my hand so I think i'll place an order with Splinter for some pads and grip.

2. twyacht

twyacht New Member

May 19, 2008
    Thanks for the report, and congratulations, I am noticing more and more new owner postings, (myself included), that are really learning from the "veteran" members on this forum.

I did the f+b, plus a little Flitz on the feed ramp with a Dremel and soft tip, it now has over 300 rounds, and shoots a variety of ammo, except Wolf, (which I don't shoot in any of my pistols or rifles due to previous bad exp.)

Other than that, I enjoy the Kel-Tec, mag extensions, and lightly sanded the "seam" inside the trigger guard.

Wouldn't mind a metal mag catch, but that will come soon.

Thanks again and take care.

Tom W

3. CCWMan

CCWMan New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Welcome to the board.

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Glad that you're off to a good start with your P3AT. Do you plan on shooting it some more before you consider it ready for carry?

Take care...

5. sneech

sneech New Member

Oct 22, 2007

Yeah, I'd feel more comfortable after a couple hundred rounds of various ammo go through it. Was pleased with the Golden Sabres though, should make for a good carry round.

6. CandRFan

CandRFan New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Yeah, this site is a great resource for this neat little pistol. I've gotten a FTE on the first shot in every mag so far, with a few more thrown in every so often and I'm going to go through the Fluff and Buff process as soon as I gather up the courage. I'm chalking it up to the break in period right now.

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Try some different (brass-cased) ammo and stick with FMJ until broken in (200 rd).

8. CandRFan

CandRFan New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Roger that. Another reason that I'm not to worried about the FTEs is because I've been shooting Wolf ammo. Just had to try it for myself to see. :)

I've got a few boxes of Sellier & Bellot that I'll using next.

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    That THERE is was your problem.  ;)