Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been checking out the forum for awhile now, but I wanted to wait until I bought a KT before I joined. I picked up my P-3AT HC on Monday and I'm looking forward to taking it to the range.

I've already noticed a problem. I've got a blister in the center of my palm just from getting a feel for the pistol, I haven't even put a round through it. It seems like the KT logo on the right side is pretty jagged. What's the best way to smooth down the grip? I was just planning on hitting it with the dremel. Any advice?

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
STEP AWAY FROM THE DREMEL.....NOW!

Seriously use some 600 grit sand paper.  The only thing you should use the dremel on is steel parts with a felt tip & polishing compound.

I took about a half hour & sanded off all the mold flash & sharp edges on my KTs.  Started with 600 grit & finished with 1500 grit.  I'm a bit compulsive.

BTW welcome to KTOG.

·
Registered
375 Posts
When I bought my PF-9, the webbing of my right hand got blistered from the area directly below the hammer where the grip halves are joined together. The was a slightly raised ridge that I sanded down that stopped the problem from repeating.

G

·
For break-in and extended practice with little guns that make a big bang, shooter's gloves are very helpful. Cabela's and CheaperThan Dirt have them.

·
Registered
898 Posts
FolFan,

Welcome to KTOG and best of luck with your new P3AT. Mine, when new, was a problem child but was able to get it 100% without a trip back to Kel-Tec. I had no problems shooting my gun bare but the addition of grip cushions and grip sleeve and mag. finger extention has, in my opinion, made the P3AT a fun gun to shoot.

Take care ...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi WolFan. Welcome. I'm new too.
When my P3AT was new, it cut the web of my hand.
There was a sharp edge on the back of the grip.
I just sanded it and all is well now. Got use to the kick.
Really enjoy shooting the little monster. Love it.
Charlie.

·
Registered
133 Posts
One further step to consider to reduce the bite is purchasing some AGlazer rubber adhesive strips
and rubber grip...These are available from fellow KTOGER.......Sprinter  Very inexpensive
and improve the shooting experience greatly>>>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.