Finally got one. P-3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jefftire, Dec 6, 2008.

1. jefftire

jefftire New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I've been thinking about getting one for some time now and finally picked one up at a gunshow last weekend. $275 with tax. If I looked around some more I probably could have found one for less. Took it to the range  and ran 100 rounds thru it so far. No problems with the Winchester, Aquilla and Federal HP. I'll admit the first shot I fired suprised me with the bark and a stinging in my trigger finger but the more I shot it the more I liked it with minor adjustment in my handhold. Easy to take down and clean up. What's not to like about these. I also have a SMC-380 that is fun to shoot but as soon as I get the KT broke in I'll be carrying it in place of the SMC at times.

jeff
    [​IMG]

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG. Glad you decided to Join and Post

Congrates on the Black & Blue P3AT

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Welcome and nice report.  They are a little power house.   And don't fret about the price, you might (and that is getting rarer given the run on guns lately) been able to save a few dollars but not too many and a lot of people spend more then the potential savings in gas just trying to even find one!

And is it just the picture or is that Gray and Blue, not Black and Blue?

-Scott

4. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    +1
    That's a good lookin' little gun ya got there. For a gun so small light it is amazingly accurate and very easy to shoot. $275 isn't a bad deal, it really depends on what area you live in and the availability of KT pistols. Plus gun prices are on the rise anyway so I would say you did alright.

5. jefftire

jefftire New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Hey thanks...

The slide is Black and the rest is Blue/Grey (My eyes are not the best with colours). Going out to the range today to finish up the 2nd 100 rounds and try to feed some handloads thru it. Then it will be time to shop for some type of holster.

jeff

6. goodbrewing

goodbrewing Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Good buy and not a bad price. Before you go holster hunting you may want to consider if you might put a laser sight on it. I got a few holsters before I got my Armalaser now they are just taking up space in a drawer.

7. jst4kix

jst4kix New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Congratulations and welcome to the gang. You may want to do a search on "fluff and buff" just to find more info. It's a great weapon, but not necessarily a range gun. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

8. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard! Nice looking P3AT and very good range report.

I notice you spelled the word "colors" as "colours", are you a Brit or Aussie?

Take care...

9. blueyednd

blueyednd New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Congrats! Nice looking P3AT!

10. OhioGunToter

OhioGunToter New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Why a Brit or Aussie.... he may be an amer. like me That just can't spell....lol ;D just kidding

11. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I bet you could sell them in the trading post. I might be interested depending on what you have.

12. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG. Does seem like a good price for the colored grip. Keep us up to date.
    Enjoy your new little friend.

tr

13. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome to the forums. Good buy at a good price...

John

14. CH

CH New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Jetfire looks like you have been posting about as long as I have. Bought one about two weeks ago almost identical in price, down here in lower AL. - Black on blue. Gun works GREAT. Sounds like you are also having a good time with your KEL-TEC. The only thing I have changed is the blue color. I stuck it in a little rite dye and it worked wonders. Don't misunderstand- like the blue but just like the black a little better, maybe it's because I started out with a black KEL-TEC P-32. Be careful and enjoy.

Cliff