Finally got my P3AT!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by reitman, Nov 18, 2009.

1. reitman

reitman New Member

Oct 30, 2009
    I bought my P3at on gunbroker for $210 and with shipping and FFL fee, it came to $240. I had to wait for some slow shipping, but at last, the gun is in my grubby little hands.

It is serial number KDAXX.

I have already installed the +1 mag extension and have the Houge Jr grip to trim and intall, plus the belt clip.

I'm going to try and hit the range tomorrow.

2. Hikerman

Hikerman Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Congradulations! I just got back from my morning walk with my P3at in my pocket :cool:

3. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Good deal.. You will enjoy it...

John

4. Dustin0330

Dustin0330 New Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Congrats! I'll most likely buy another P3AT in the next couple of months and retire my P-11 for the summer.

5. Moose

Moose New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Congrats, mine's with me 24/7, because it can.

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Good for you! You've got a great gun.

Take care...

7. reitman

reitman New Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Thanks guys!

I'm looking forward to getting some rounds through it and then qualifying so I can carry it off-duty. I have a CWP so I can carry it no matter what, but to get my PBA legal coverage, I need to have it approved by the department.

It is so much smaller and lighter than my SW 642 that I've been carrying for so long. It makes the 642 feel like a boat anchor!

8. reitman

reitman New Member

Oct 30, 2009
    For the heck of it, I emailed Kel Tec with my S/N to find out its manufacture date and it was August 09 with all available updates.

Heading to the range tomorrow afternoon. Plan is to put 50 through it, clean it, then put 50 or so more through it.

Wish me luck!