Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I finally got one! In fact I pretty much wrote the rifle off a long time ago thinking I would never see one in a store. Ended up going up to Mississippi for work for a month an low and behold a keltec cmr 30 for 630 bucks! And they had another one there! Anyways this will sit nicely with my sub2000 1st gen. Now I'm going to get either a pmr 30 next or a glock 17. Since I have magazines for both.

Now for the range report
Took it out to a small range here. Don't have anything to take it apart so I just sprayed some clp inside and ran it. Anyways used two different loads. Used a 30 grain hornady varmint round with the poly tip and a 45 grain crap hornady defense round. Found that the heavy grain bullet cycled fine. Ran it at half loads 15 rounds in the mags first. Then full loads. Basically the heavy stuff worked flawless. The light stuff didn't. And I loaded it properly but what I think is that the bolt isn't cycling back far enough with the 30 grain bullets and what ends up happening is it pressed down on the next round and and it causes it to get pushed down and back behind the next round and rim locks it. Tried several times and found this to happen, itbwould end up not feeding the next round and the round would be run locked behind the next. And definitely made sure to load it like your suppose to. So basically I'll just use the 40+ grains loads like keltec says tonuse and it should work just fine because it rain the heavy stuff just perfect. And it was pretty accurate.

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey my experince is the same as yours mine was 630 otd and shoots 40 gn or better like a champ i found if i let my mags sit fully loaded for a few days it fired the 30grainers ok and mine is very accurate.its nice to see another positive range report.thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
it was a nice day today and went back out with the cmr i now have a big crap eatin grin on my face.had a great time went through 200 rds of winchester 45 gn hps and 100 rds of cci 40gn.again no issues with the cmr or the pmr.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome glad to hear that, I'll do more thorough testing and such once I get home from Mississippi, thankfully my suppressor comes in a month so it'll get even more testing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So no new updates. Ended up getting extended here in Mississippi for another month! However I just bought a PMR-30 to go with my CMR-30, but I have to wait to pick it up in Texas come mid March.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Finally shot mine. Outside, 40 degrees. The broken in mags from my PMR ran fine, but the two new mags that came with the CMR would not load the first 4 - 5 rounds. I will load them fully and let sit. Shoulda done that in that first place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, finally made it to the gun range today for proper shooting! Let me tell you! So I recently picked up a PMR-30 to go with my CMR-30. Took both out today every magazine worked great!. I only had two issues it was two hornady crit def rounds that did not fire after being shot through my pmr-30. I loaded them back into the gun and they fired fire though. I didnt have a single feed or ejection problem and both guns shots very well and the accuracy was amazing in that cmr-30. Even took the pmr-30 over to the 100 yard side. I wasnt really trying to hit the target because lets be real its 100 yards with a pistol. but it was shooting point of aim at the berm I was aiming at. (wanted to see what the drop was like at 100 yards and it wasnt dropping much at all) Anyways They guns worked flawless. loaded the mags up to 30 rounds as well and they shot perfect so I am much more happy about them now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.