Finally got a chance to shoot my new P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by dboat, Dec 17, 2008.

1. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Over the Thanksgiving holiday, we went to my brother's house. Since he lives in the county and not the city, we took our two guns that we hadnt shot yet.. my HC P3AT and her Taurus Judge. I took my gun out of the box, unwrapped it, put ammo in the magazine, put the mag in the gun and shot it.. no prep, no extra oil, nothing.. it went about 50 rounds with my father, my brother, my wife and I shooting it.. no failures, no FTE, it shot every single time without fail.. now the wife wants one to have as a CCW. The Judge is her bedside gun..
    If anyone is interested, we shot 9, 6 and 4 shot .410 and some Colt .45 out of the Judge without failure as well.. but the KT had everyone's interest.. Oh, the sister in law wants one now too to replace her .38.. So after getting back, I ordered another HC P3AT and one of those new Springfield Armory XDM 9mm too..

Merry Christmas

Dana ;D

2. flaregun

flaregun New Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Thats a good result!  Mine had a few minor issues but now I call it good and I depend on it.   I like to take it down to the farm now and then and try to hit some varmints.

3. jdmsds

jdmsds New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Sounds like my first outing a couple weeks ago, took the gun out and fired off 50 rounds with absolutely no problems! What a great little gun ;D

4. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Sounds like you got a good one. Just like a red Ferrari, keep the oil changed and have fun.

CK

5. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Kid, we did.. when I got home, I took her apart, cleaned her up and gave her a good oiling.. first time ever on a semi-auto..

Thanks
    Dana

6. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    There are tens of thousands like us and but a few that arent..

Dana

7. LittleKatie

LittleKatie New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Good deal! I to have a Judge. I like it a quite allot, but don't carry it near as much now that I have my Katie with me. The Judge was always loaded with 000 buck shot for personal protection and with number eight, six, or four shot for snakes and such. While it does make a good bedside gun, the judge is not a good CCW. If you want to open carry and make one hell of impression, then the Judge is great. But for CCW, I will pick up my Katie every time. Put her in my pocket, and no one knows shes there! Like you, I have also had no FTF or FTE or FTanythings. I am proud to say that I passed up on a Ruger LCP when I purchased my little Katie. It was right when the recall came out on them. I was uncertain at the time as to which weapon to purchase, but have absolutely no regrets now. Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the Judge for personal protection at all. I think 5 shots of 000 buck shot at close range will definitely do the trick, but for CCW, you just cant beat the P3AT.

8. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    +1

9. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Good for you! My HC has been flawless but my first born Blued was (note past tense) a problem child.

Take care...

10. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Well, besides the looks, I had read here that it seemed (no scientific facts) that the HC were less problematic.. so we will be a 2 HC P3AT home.. ;D

Dana

11. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Well, besides the looks, I had read here that it seemed (no scientific facts) that the HC were less problematic.. so we will be a 2 HC P3AT home..  ;D

Dana[/quote]

Don't know about that. It seems that lately most everyone is posting good results with their new P3ATs regardless of finish.

I do see one advantage of my Blued over my HC and that is that using the sights is easier, wether sights are painted or not, with my blued over my HC. Maybe not a big deal considering how, in the unlikely event of a SD situation, the gun would more likely be pointed and shot as opposed to sighted and shot - if you know what I meen. A laser might make the sights issue a moot point. I can highly recommend a laser for practice (I have an Armar-Laser on my blued); I simply don't know if a laser is an advantage for cc.

Take care...

12. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Well, besides the looks, I had read here that it seemed (no scientific facts) that the HC were less problematic.. so we will be a 2 HC P3AT home..  ;D

Dana[/quote]
    I do see one advantage of my Blued over my HC and that is that using the sights is easier, wether sights are painted or not, with my blued over my HC. Maybe not a big deal considering how, in the unlikely event of a SD situation, the gun would more likely be pointed and shot as opposed to sighted and shot - if you know what I meen. A laser might make the sights issue a moot point. I can highly recommend a laser for practice (I have an Armar-Laser on my blued); I simply don't know if a laser is an advantage for cc.

Take care...
    [/quote]
    BK, well I would have to agree with you there. I have a CT laser on mine and will order another when the second one comes in.. I am thinking that if I can get the dot on the BG, then that makes my chances that much better.
    Thanks and have a Merry Christmas
    Dana