Finally broke down and bought a P-3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by GunSmoke16610, May 4, 2009.

1. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610 Guest

Apr 30, 2009
    Finally picked up a P-3AT to carry during the summer. I have ran 100 rounds with zero issues. A little grease and a F&B and its good to go. Thanks for making this a wonderful resource for new owners like myself.

[​IMG]

2. Mohave-Tec

Mohave-Tec New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Best size to punch ratio there is.

3. mhiland

mhiland New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    No doubt! I was perusing the P-32 forum yesterday (because there was nothing to read on the P-3AT forum) and found a link to this article, which I thought was pretty interesting. It made me feel confident that my P-3AT will serve me well as my primary CCW!

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/751469.html

4. mtuttle02

mtuttle02 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Good looking P3AT GunSmoke! I agree that there is a lot of useful information on this forum for Kel-Tec newbies like myself. I will post some photos of mine up once I get it back from apwcogan.

5. PShea

PShea Guest

Apr 24, 2009
    Sweet! Did you have to special order the pocket/belt clip mounted on the side?

6. styledata

styledata New Member

Apr 4, 2009
    The thing that impresses me is that you HAD 100 rounds to run through it!

7. rckrzy1

rckrzy1 Guest

May 4, 2009
    Ya , like can you spare a round for down in the luck p3at with no ammo :'(

8. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610 Guest

Apr 30, 2009
    Ya , like can you spare a round for down in the luck p3at with no ammo  :'([/quote]

I bought 400 rounds at 14.99 here in Alabama :) we dont believe in ammo shortages here ;D

9. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    The link to  the AA shooting reminds me of what my retired police brother-in-law once told me. He said he's come across more killing and shooting with small calibers (.22/.25) guns than anything else. He never said why, but I would guess it's because they are cheap. The point being, you can be killed by them. And they can and do a very good job of that. Don't kid yourself.

You would be correct in saying that a larger caliber is better. No question about that. No doubt at all. But that's not saying the smaller calibers don't kill. So I have no problems using and carrying a .380. Not at all.  

10. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    What part of Bama are you from? I'm originally from B'ham. The last time I was there I was broke and could get but one box of ammo. That was February.

BTW, nice P3AT. I love mine. It really is the best caliber-gun combo next to the PF-9.

11. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610 Guest

Apr 30, 2009
    What part of Bama are you from? I'm originally from B'ham. The last time I was there I was broke and could get but one box of ammo. That was February.

BTW, nice P3AT. I love mine. It really is the best caliber-gun combo next to the PF-9.[/quote]

B'ham here also.