Finally! A Good Range Report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rls1158, Dec 20, 2007.

1. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    My P3-AT returned yesterday, exactly 8 weeks after I sent it to KT. They weren't kidding when they said there'd be a 6-8 week turnaround. I took it to the range today and it was flawless. I fired 18 Monarch, 18 Blazer, and 12 Double Tap rounds. The magazine dropped twice when I fired the DTs but other than than I had no problems. That's considerably different than the FTEs galore that I recently posted.

The work order said all they did was polish the feed ramp and test fire the gun. That's hard to believe considering the miserable experiences I had before its return to KT. Surely they must have done more but not listed it on the work order. I polished the feed ramp and did a light F&B before I sent it back.

I have to admit the Double Taps are excruciating on the hand. That's why I only fired 12 rounds of the stuff. I assume it packs a harder punch than the off the shelf target rounds I normally use.

The little .380 blows power in my face and on the shooting arm. Do any of you guys experience this? And what can I do to remedy the situation?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I also fired 12 rounds of the DT 115gr +P through my PF-9. Again, it was tough on the hand. I don't plan to shoot much of this but wanted to give it a try before carrying it. I had one round fail to feed. Other than that, no problems.

God bless,
    Reggie

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Easy, Long sleeves ;D

You can always roll up long sleeves, but you can never roll down short

BTW, great the pistol is performing. I would keep in cleaned and lubed.

3. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks JFB. By your analogy I should be wearing a mask too! ;D

I'm happy with the performance today.

God bless,
    Reggie

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Reggie,

I'm glad your gun is now performing to your satisfaction but are you not concerned about the mag dropping? I was with mine which is why I got the metal catch. Thankfully the metal catch did fix the mag drop problem,

Take care ...

5. Glad for the happy ending........

Now.....find the mag problem..... it may just be finger placement..

SHOOT>>>>CLEAN>>>>>LUBE................REPEAT!

6. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Bill,

Yes I am concerned about the mag dropping. However, I kinda figured it may have been my fault since I was shooting the DTs for the first time. They are rough to shoot. I have already asked 2PP to let me know when he'll be ready to take orders again. I'll buy the metal mag catch for the AT and PF-9. Considering how the gun functioned before I sent it to KT, I'm happy that the mag drop was the only problem. This I'll fix one way or the other and not have another 8 week wait for it to come back.

Thanks and God bless,
    Reggie