FINALLY a day at the range part 1

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by mydixiwrecked00, Nov 2, 2008.

1. mydixiwrecked00

mydixiwrecked00 New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    so. alot of new toys this year and no time to take them out, today was the day.... ill only speak of the p3at's

i have to say, the p3at was an absolute blast to shoot while popping its cherry and starting the  break in period. the gf was happy with her's as well. no hiccups at all even running cheap Winchester target ammo. im still grinning...  ;D

on another note though. clean up time.  hers was first so she asked me to show her how to take it a part. pulled the pin and slide the top off and went to cleaning it and the ejector ( part #115) fell off onto the towel.... picked it up as i have before put it back in and finished cleaning then reassembled.

now to clean mine. pop the pin out. carefully slide the top off to be sure not to dump my ejector out like i did hers  and WTF! its not there. was a bit baffled. the gun ran flawlessly through 4 mags( had alot to play with so had to  divvy up my time with other toys). i never saw anything fall out of the magwell and didnt notice anything missing when i lubed and cleaned previously.. but yet it still worked.... it had to have been in there when i was shooting or else it wouldn't have operated correctly? am i right? i looked all around the area i was cleaning them and there was nothing on the towel, table, floor, or my clothing. its a mystery! i haven't searched the forum yet for any ejector problems but that will be next. have to call KT in the morning and see if i can order one.

all in all... im still impressed. :cool:

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    yes, they can function fine without ejector. the next round pushing up from the magazine knocks spent from extractor.

now, as far as whether or not yours was in the gun from the factory is a very interesting point. if you search back a few months, possibly a year, there was a lot of discussion about how home sick the ejector becomes and its ability to make it back to KT.

what I guess has happen, anougth have made it back, told their stories to the ones in stock and they now have found a way to escape prior to shipping ;D ;D ;D

3. Possumgravy

Possumgravy Guest

When you call KT talk to Customer Service and they will probably send you the part for free. If you talk to the Parts Dept. they may charge you. Good idea to have the part # ready to give them.

4. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Another escaping part #115. They really do get homesick for the factory.

Disney should do a movie about the trials and tribulations of one of them. A "Homeward Bound" movie for P3AT owners.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107131/

From what I've heard the service dept is very understanding when the ejector escapes.

5. mydixiwrecked00

Jul 25, 2008
    i think im gonna order an extra one from the way things sound. if i keep one of them locked up while the others in the gun i might have a better chance of holding onto at least one of them :D

6. mydixiwrecked00

Jul 25, 2008
    i do have to say. KT customer service was great... all i said was i lost part 115 and they took my name number and address and told me to expect one in the mail in the next couple days. no questions asked.

7. HINTS AND TIPS on the ejector:

Use a dab or two of GREASE on the ejector to keep it in place.