Finally, .380 ammo

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rogereh, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Rogereh

Rogereh New Member

May 22, 2009
    :D Hurray! I finally found some .380 ammo at D-i-c-k's Sporting Goods today. I bought 3 boxes of Hornady 90 gr. FTX Critical Defense. $25 per 25 rds. The word police on this board keeps changing the name to "Thingy's" Sporting Goods so I had to get a little inventive with the spelling...

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    That's great! I was in a D_I_C_K's [Meriden, CT] just 2 Sunday's ago and they had nada for pistol ammo.

Take care...

3. Rogereh

Rogereh New Member

May 22, 2009
    It's kinda funny. We have two stores here and I checked the one farthest from my house and they told me that they hadn't had any .380s for months. On the way home I passed the one closest to my house (where I usually check) and almost drove by it, then I said "if I don't check it out they will surely have it and someone else will get it". So I did, and they DID!

My wife just called me and told me that she had also checked and bought their last two boxes for me so I guess I now have 5 boxes. Expensive day but I'm doing a happy dance. Now I will be able to shoot my Kel-tec instead of just throwing it at a BG. ;D ;D
    ~Roger~

4. timewrench

timewrench New Member

May 9, 2009
    Stopped by the G-Mt in Henrietta,NY yesterday just to kill time. They had Blazer brass cased stuff in stock. $25 for 50.

Tom

5. Rogereh

Rogereh New Member

May 22, 2009
    We were coming from Gander Mtn (no .380s and a few Wolf 9mms) when we stopped at D-i-c-k's. Also checked Wally World and they had nada in pistol ammo.
    ~Roger~

6. chihuahuatn

chihuahuatn New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    I am beginning to see 9mm and 45acp creep down in price, however still no 380. I have some boxes of Hornady Critical Defense, and Cor-Bon -DPX but limited practice rounds. I hope it improves in the future.
    Mike

7. Haku

Haku New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Texas
    Finally some good news about D-I-C-K-s, on ammo :cool:

8. hump

hump New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Just came in from the LGS and he had Blazer Brass .380 for $19.95. I bought some the other day at Walmart for $15 so I passed but it was good to see it on the shelf again. I did manage to buy a used Mossburg home defense 12ga.

9. RPM_64

RPM_64 New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Good to see the ammo starting to reappear in more stores. Still none here in my area, YET.

10. Hikerman

Hikerman New Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Rarely do I venture into a ****'s anymore..................if you found something there to buy you did good. I have not seen anthting here in the midwest to make me think the hoarding days are over. Congrats :)

11. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I went to wally world last night for something unrelated and figured I might as well walk to the other side of store just to see...to my surprise they were just stocking the shelf with 380 fmj 95 gr.I picked up two boxes of 100 count for $34.00 each...only allowed two boxes per customer....I`am still grinning :)

12. RPM_64

RPM_64 New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Seems Wally World is hit or miss. So far every time here has been a MISS.... :'(

13. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Seems Wally World is hit or miss. So far every time here has been a MISS....  :'([/quote]

Know what you mean it was probably my 20th trip there ...then wal la

Like that will work for ammo :D

14. Mohave-Tec

Mohave-Tec New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Buffalo Bore 380 is currently available at Cabelas. That's the Big Bank stuff.

15. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Hi say is that low recoil?? Need to get some 12 gauge myself.

Tom j.

16. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Both local Wal Marts had 20 or so boxes of WWB and about a dozen .380 on Friday morning. I didn't here about it until Saturday and missed out on the .380. :( I was in there Thursday night and they said Saturday mornings was when they usually have been getting it in. Guess it would pay to just check everyday.

17. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    I'd like to know what Walmarts you folks are finding .380 ammo at. Both Walmarts nearby tell me that they get about one box every 3 months and that is it. I haven't fired my P3AT in months as there is simply no ammo to be found for it anywhere locally.

18. roll_tide_daniel

roll_tide_daniel New Member

May 25, 2009
    I went by my local D!cks yesterday, and they said they are supposed to be getting in 12-18000 rounds of WWB in the next week... I thought they were screwing with me until I went in today, and they had gotten more .223 in than that.  They said the only way they can get any ammo is to buy huge bulk orders... Thanks again Mr. President...

19. raymac1215

raymac1215 New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Hi, I just went to Myrtle Beach, SC for vacation and thought I would try to get some Ammo. At wallyworld. The nice lady couldn't stop laughing when I asked for .380 ammo. She said it's been over 4 months. She said to blame it on Ob*ma. I then went to Outdoor World and they said no .380 ammo has ben seen for quite some time. The fellow in front of me bought all of the .45 ammo she had at Wally World and told me he has all the ammo at his house. I could not resist in telling him that he is causing the problem. Oh well, back to looking around again up North !!

20. JB

JB Guest

Yep. I understand the concerns about Obama and all but I am not aware of any actual legislation that could be causing the shortage and, as far as I know, Obama hasn't been going around to WalMart clearing out the ammo shelves. As things stand now, at least, the ammo shortage is much more the fault of the guy who was in front of you in line, and others like him, than it is the fault of Obama.