Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of a friend has these two guns and is looking to sell them.

The FI model D is a 380, chrome and resembles a 1911. It's kinda beat up but is probably serviceable, I would say fair condition.

The Regent is a 22lr revolver with a 6" ish barrel. It's blued and the finish looks pretty bad including the previous owner's name scratched into it. The front sight is also missing. It seems like it would function.

I don't really need either but I wouldn't mind a couple new projects.

I'll try and get some pics if I can.

What are your thoughts on the value of each?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Neither are listed in the Blue Book.

Interesting that the FI was made in (or imported to) Washington, D.C.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think the revolver is worth much if anything. The FI might have some value but the finish is bad. I might offer them $100 and see what they say.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
$100 is about double what I was thinking.

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
I think the revolver is something akin to Rhom or RG, and it's beat up. If you just want to work on it, it might be a salvageable snake gun with birdshot. Maybe $30. The FL D is slightly more interesting. Most were made on American frames with Star parts. Star also made the same gun as did Iver Johnson, who called it the Pony. Of the 3, the Fl D is probably the least desirable. In really good shape one might hit $300. That one looks really beat up.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still on the fence about even making an offer. The plus side is they said I can have them for a few days. I'm going to try and make it to the range tomorrow so I can see if they even work. The biggest issue for me is I just don't have much use for either. I have better guns to fit the roles they fill but I am a sucker for a project too. If the weather cooperates I'll let you know what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.