Fewer P-3ATs?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Nexttime, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Nexttime

Nexttime New Member

Dec 5, 2008
    I've been looking around for deals on these. I saw one at the local gun show for $290 (green, not black). Maybe I should have bought that one. I'm wondering if Kel-tec releases batches of these in cycles? Are all the retail sites waiting for the next production run?

2. P-3aT_ShoTTer

P-3aT_ShoTTer New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    In these uncertain times the demand for these types of firearms has greatly increased leading to a supplier shortage, and most if not all firearms manufacturers shutdown during the holidays, generally from about Dec 15-Jan 5. Aswell as though that have them are commanding a premium, capitalizing on the shortage.

3. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    As of yesterday my local jewelry, errhh, gun shop, had 3 P32s with no idea when they would get the next P3AT.

And forget a SUB2000.

4. If you find the P3AT - or any gun- that you like at anything close to a reasonable price, you better grab it when you can.

I never paid more than $250 for a blued 3AT- but today - $290 may be a reasonable price in your area.

Mitch- Who got all the toys he wanted months before the election.

5. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    That is ridiculous for a blued P3AT. From what I see however, it looks like any that are available have been jacked up that high. I just looked on Gunbroker and there are only a few for sale, and they are all about that price. I'm glad I got my HC back in September. With shipping & FFL, it ran me about $325 total.

6. arhdc

arhdc New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    I too had to look around and call a number of shops to find a P3AT. Most of the gun shops around here have standing orders for them with their suppliers. I finally did find one for $225 and that shop had another when I was in last week. I have also since found another small shop with a couple at $289 that are likely to be around for a bit but most gun shops are a really low inventory for anything that may become harder to get, especially mags, handguns and semi-auto rifles.

I have considered getting an arma-laser and some other bells and whistles for some of my collection but have decided to put that off and putting any extra cash into either another pistol or more mags and ammo for what I already have. That and possibly a lower receiver for an AR.

As far as production goes, I think that this shortage is more related to high demand than any lack of production. The current sales are not going to be sustainable for very long and are mostly related to the current changes in politics as nearly as I can see.