Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the pocket clip. With the pistol empty I clipped it into my pocket and had to really fumble around with it to get it out. The Hogue grip makes it stick to my pocket. Pocket clip came off

I installed the +1 mag extension. Nice

I though Kel Tecs were double action only all the time. I noticed with mine tonight with an empty (used) round in the chamber that I had to pull the slide back after each dry fire. The striker(hammer) didn't come back as the trigger was pulled. Is the right?

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Yes, that is the way it works.

It has a hammer-block drop safety, and the slide has to move to the rear slightly each time you snap off it to reset it.

rcmodel

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
You have to reset the trigger by pulling back the slide each time after dry firing it just like a Glock.

vindex1963 said:
The striker(hammer) didn't come back as the trigger was pulled. Is the right?
The hammer should go back each time you pull the trigger after resetting it.  Yours did not? Or did it not come back when pulling the trigger when you did not reset it?

How did you put the empty shell casing in the chamber to fire it?  Did you load it from the magazine or did you pull the slide back and stick it in the chamber?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pulled the slide back and dropped an empty round in the chamber. I don't want to damage the firing pin. Easy to do. After I reset it the hammer does go back and snap like it should. Sounds like everything works like it should.
Thanks a lot for the quick responses.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
You should always load rounds/snapcaps from the magazine, dropping them in from the ejection port could result in damage to the extractor.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Vindex,

I like to carry by canting the gun forward when it is in my pants. Here is a pick of how I carry without a holster. It is much easier to draw it this way.

And with DeSantis pocket holster.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Dan-O said:
Vindex,

I like to carry by canting the gun forward when it is in my pants.  Here is a pick of how I carry without a holster.  It is much easier to draw it this way.
PLEASE if you are going to carry that way, do it IN the Desantis. All it takes is for your shirt to get bunched up around the trigger, or to bump into the corner of a table and you could have a NEGLIGENT (no accident about it) discharge.

For "fair and balanced," others feel this is completely safe and some do carry this way.

This has been debated over and over in other threads and I don't want to re-start it here, I just hate to see something selling what I think is unsafe without a warning about it.

-Scott

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
If you call KT and tell them they will gladly send you a pin/screw set to replace your stripped one. Ask for service, not sales. OR, go down to you decently stocked ace hardware and you can get some stainless ones that I have not been able to strip using a good set of allen wrenches from sears.

-Scott

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.