Feeling good after first range trip!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by bripro, Aug 25, 2007.

1. bripro

bripro New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    [​IMG][​IMG]I have to admit that after my first trip to the range I am feeling real good about the p3-AT. What does the -AT stand for anyway? The plate in the pic was from about 21 feet out (7 good paces). I think I hit it 7 out of 7.Im not sure if the top bull hit is a double or not. I was about 50% on the plate from 50 yards out which is better than my Taurus 85 usually gets me. I had 2 misfeeds though. One with the Speer HPs and one with the Blazer FMJs. I can accept that after 120 rounds fired with only an out of the box cleaning and lube. As you can see in the second pic the finish on my slide took a beating. That too is not a problem as I bought this gun to use and not to look at. So to sum it up I am impressed and will be carrying this tonight with the Winchester ammo. I also have a pf-9 which is at Kel-Tec. Sent back after only about 50 rounds through due to misfeed and mag catch issues. If first impressions are what they say thay are, the 9 mil will be in the safe when it gets back and the 380 in my pocket! Brian

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    How on earth could the slide get damaged in that spot? :eek:

3. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    Good shooting, wish I could feel that good after any range trip. Welcome. :cool:

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Just say it and listen
    P
    A
    T

"P three eigh-ty"

Good shooting there

It is a little thing, but could you shrink the pic so it isn't larger than the normal screen

5. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Glad your P-three eighty (3AT) is a good one!

My gun tends to get those marks on the slide also. They are from the brass hitting the slide during ejection.

I found it comes of my parkerized slide with CLP and a little rubbing with a cloth.

Bobo

6. bripro

bripro New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    To JFB, sorry if the pics are coming out too big. I really dont know how to resize them. Im lucky to get them on in the first place......Brian

7. fyrfytrcwd

fyrfytrcwd New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Excellent Shooting!!! Impressive. I, too have had good luck with my P3. It's a good shooter, enough that I would place my life in it's hands... When I'm out with the family, I prefer my PM9, K40, or even my Kimber Pro CDP 2, but that's just preference... I picked-up a PF-9 last week and can't wait to get it out -- just have to wait another week for some range time. Hopefully it will be a good one out of the box.

Anyway, welcome fellow newbie!

Enjoy your new toy! :)

8. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
      It's not damaged, the brass mark will clean right off. From the position of it though, I wonder: Is part number 115 (Ejector) in its little slot?

Packer.