Feeding problems

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by U.S.Patriot, Aug 12, 2009.

1. U.S.Patriot

U.S.Patriot Guest

I purchased my SU-22 three weeks ago. Since then I have ran about 400 rounds through it. I like the gun, but have had some feeding problems. A lot of times the first round will not fully chamber, and I have to force the bolt forward. Other times it will chamber a round, but when I pull the trigger no bang. I have also noticed the magazine fits very tightly. The first 380 rounds where CCI mini-mags. I notcied when trying some federal bulk hollow points it functioned much better. Just curious if anyone else has experienced the same problems. I personaly think it's the shape of the round, that is causing the feed problems from what I can see. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I've got around 400 trouble free rounds through mine with the Federal bulk pack hp's. They seem to like those the best.

3. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    BTW, welcome aboard. :)

4. U.S.Patriot

U.S.Patriot Guest

Thanks, I'm going to try some other rounds as see what happens. If I have more problems, I'll take it to the gunsmith and have him polish the feed ramp.

5. Whodat

Whodat New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Did you break the weapon down and inspect to see if it needed cleaning before you went to the range? If you did clean it, did you leave it lubed lightly(round not fully chamber)? I have not shot mini-mags or federal so I can't address them. I do shoot Aguila - Super Maximum, SuperExtra and Interceptor rounds with no problems. I also shoot winchester 333/555 box,Remington Viper and CCI Velocitor with no problems.

6. U.S.Patriot

U.S.Patriot Guest

I did not do a field strip, but I did swab the barrel very well. I also sprayed the crap out of it with sythetic safe gun scrub. I then lubed everything with a lite coat of rem oil. I think I'm going to just stick with bul, because that seemed to work the best. I'll save the mini-mags for my other guns. I'm however going to try some maxi-mags. With them being a hollow point they are flat nose, instead of round nose. Thanks for the help guys.