Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Something to point out, it looks like that part is cast and not forged. Casting would make it weaker thus breaking off like that, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just received a second replacement inner catch from Keltec without asking for it. I noticed the second replacement catch has the tips milled down just a touch. There was no explanation included with the part. I'm hoping this is a modification to help prevent the whole tip from snapping off and not just the first one promised to me months ago. No dated postal stamp, just a code?
Anyway, here's some pics of both new inner catches. ImageUploadedByKel-Tec Forum1460811340.346868.jpg ImageUploadedByKel-Tec Forum1460811358.474650.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting the catch I got was not milled down. It looked like the one on the left in your pictures. Wonder if they will send me another just because.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Interesting the catch I got was not milled down. It looked like the one on the left in your pictures. Wonder if they will send me another just because.

That is a good question, it's been about three weeks since I've received the first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First time gun owner Just got my ksg took it to the range loaded both side with s and b 2 3/4 00buck racked it real hard fired nothing racked again nothing then on the 5th try I got it going finished that side then switched over to the other tube racked it boom good then mid way through it wouldn't eject or feed racked it about 3 times real hard then I got it going again went through 2
Boxes the feed or eject was not consistent should i clean lube it up or send it keltec any advice thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
First time gun owner Just got my ksg took it to the range loaded both side with s and b 2 3/4 00buck racked it real hard fired nothing racked again nothing then on the 5th try I got it going finished that side then switched over to the other tube racked it boom good then mid way through it wouldn't eject or feed racked it about 3 times real hard then I got it going again went through 2
Boxes the feed or eject was not consistent should i clean lube it up or send it keltec any advice thanks

What generation? First gen had a few but after that none that I know of. A message was on my Ksg owners manual ImageUploadedByKel-Tec Forum1460939141.106947.jpg when I purchased the gun. Using brass?

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Take a few pictures of the mag stop actuator, center actuator, sounds like the actuator is not operating the inner catch that releases the shell into the chamber. Also make sure the mag switch is all the way left or right, not partiality in center. That condition will not allow a shell to exit the magazine either.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Do you have a forward grip, or anything attached to the bottom rail? It has been known if they are positioned all the way to rhetoric rear, they interfere with slide release/elevator issues.
Also make sure the selector lever is tight and fully engaged left or right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Know this thread is pretty old, but, I just picked up a Gen 2 yesterday and using 2.75" snap caps had the same issue. Chawed the snap caps up pretty good. Weird / inconsistent feed and eject. However, when I compared to live ammo the snap caps were a shade longer. Ran live ammo through one time with the safety on and the shells fed and ejected as they should. Will be going to the range next week Gd willing with a couple hundred shells. If there are any issues I'll be back on this thread reading the details. Thanks for posting your problems and fixes!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Snap caps are just that, firing pin protection. They're seldom the exact size and weight of real shells and may not function like real shells.

For function testing a firearm you need action proving dummies. These are the exact size, shape, weight, and even balance of live ammo.
Some of these dummies may also be snap caps, but not all.

Even with action proving dummies, NOTHING is as reliable as shooting real ammo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Snap caps are just that, firing pin protection. They're seldom the exact size and weight of real shells and may not function like real shells.

For function testing a firearm you need action proving dummies. These are the exact size, shape, weight, and even balance of live ammo.
Some of these dummies may also be snap caps, but not all.

Even with action proving dummies, NOTHING is as reliable as shooting real ammo.
Great info, thanks. I'm looking forward to it!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts