Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Well finally got around to putting some live ammo through the KSG about 50 slugs and some double ought all 3" shells; anyway the right feed tube works as advertised but the left is a far different story. The left tube does not release only one shell it lets two slide out and will not feed the first released due to the other shell being in the way. Any thoughts?
Check the alignment. Sounds like one of your cartridge stops is crooked. Pics?

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Um pics from the bottom would be better. I need to see the length of the cartridge stop, not just the tips.
Everything looks normal in the pics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure what the cartridge stop is but here are some pictures from the bottom...could you let me know the number of the cartridge stop on the diagram?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
I'm sorry, I meant to check mine out last night, I will try again when I get off work. IIRC the parts diagram labels it -ctg stop.
It IS the part that hooks the brass when loaded. I had one get mis-aligned. Take it apart and check that both stops are even and parallel. IIRC, there is a pivot axis, so check it also.
I am making a note to look at mine tonight...

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
OK your pics #7,8. I don't know how old your KSG is. Mine is a couple years old. The parts are the ctg catch inner/outer, ctg stop spring, and ctg stop pin. 330,331,338,323.
You need to make sure the forward leg of the cartridge catch outer (331) is securely on the spring. You should be able to press on this leg, and there should be plenty of spring resistance. Look to make sure both work correctly by actuating the lever. Check the pin (323) and make sure it is centered in the receiver. It is easy when apart, to have this axle move above the spring making it feed the way you describe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK your pics #7,8. I don't know how old your KSG is. Mine is a couple years old. The parts are the ctg catch inner/outer, ctg stop spring, and ctg stop pin. 330,331,338,323.
You need to make sure the forward leg of the cartridge catch outer (331) is securely on the spring. You should be able to press on this leg, and there should be plenty of spring resistance. Look to make sure both work correctly by actuating the lever. Check the pin (323) and make sure it is centered in the receiver. It is easy when apart, to have this axle move above the spring making it feed the way you describe.
OK if I got this base 34 thing right
Q X 3400 Q=24 SO 24 X 3400 = 81600
E X 100 E=13 SO 13 X 100 = 1300
3 X 10 =30
9 X 1 =9

So 81600 + 1300 + 30 + 9 = 82939
I purchased mine October 2015 from Impact Guns in Boise Idaho. Anyway I looked at the legs of the cartridge catch on the forward and rear ends both sides appeared to be the same and forward ends engage the spring equally on both sides the pin is centered and on the same side of both springs. Here is a picture using dummy rounds of what it looks like when it is fed from the left tube; I can push the offending shell back in the tube and it stays, then close the bolt rack again and as long as there is more than one shell in the feed tube it spits out two or more. These same rounds feed just fine from the right tube, one at a time, so I'm stumped; looks like it will make a trip back to Keltec.

850sub thanks for your thoughts and input

Attachments

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Hmm. OK. Well, the only other thing I can think of is tighten the selector screw, or see if it has play. And maybe pull the catch and inspect the catch lip(?) There may be a defect you can file?
Also when you actuate the leg with your finger, does it spring back with force, or does it feel weak? I know its the same spring, but compare left to right spring pressure. A call to the factory seems in order if you check, and everything seems OK.
Goodluck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not sure what the cartridge stop is but here are some pictures from the bottom...could you let me know the number of the cartridge stop on the diagram?

Did you figure out the issue? I had the same problem after running those hard anodized aluminum snap caps. They broke the inner catch, part 330 in the exploded view KSG diagram. If you look at one of your pictures one mag is allowing too many shells to enter the chamber. Hope you have better luck getting service than I did, finally after 31 days I have a tracking number for the replacement inner catch. ImageUploadedByKel-Tec Forum1459471066.441612.jpg ImageUploadedByKel-Tec Forum1459471104.668303.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Some pictures all look ok not sure what the problem is...

If you look at jpg picture (4) you can see the inner catch slightly overhanging the plastic follower. Had you moved the selector lever to the other side and had taken a picture, I'd be willing to bet the corner is missing on the other side of the inner catch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I be damned! I didn't notice it until you Sjpajek showed me what I was looking for and I did post a picture of it

anyway now that I know the problem I guess I'll see if I can get ahold of one of those illusive inner catch kritters. Hopefully I don't have the same issues you did. Do you need anything special to replace this part looks simple enough but hell I didn't even see it was broken.

Thanks again Sjpajek!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh, your welcome. If you are the original owner, it's a free covered repair. Call Keltec between 8:30 - 9:00 am EST, EXT 129, Sean T, tell him you found your issue, inner catch part 330 on the KSG. You will need a picture of your retail receipt, a picture of the failed part, a picture of the serial number and send it all to: [email protected] With any luck you should see it in 3 days depending on your location. If it's a second hand gun, it's about $30.00 with shipping.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well I be damned! I didn't notice it until you Sjpajek showed me what I was looking for and I did post a picture of it

anyway now that I know the problem I guess I'll see if I can get ahold of one of those illusive inner catch kritters. Hopefully I don't have the same issues you did. Do you need anything special to replace this part looks simple enough but hell I didn't even see it was broken.

Thanks again Sjpajek!

No special tools, just remove the pin holding it all together. Someone here said it was a bit like a Chinese puzzle, it's a great way to put it. Just a little patience and you'll get it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well inner catch is replaced not too bad of a job patience is a must took about 20 min start to finish including ops check and some pictures.;)
Brief tutorial
1 Remove tube selector switch don't loose the selector snap and spring behind it. Set aside
2 Remove catch stop pin set aside
3 Remove inner catch
Installation is reverse of removal
Most difficult part was getting the catch stop pin back in through all the holes under tension of the stop spring.

Anywho much quicker than sending it back to have Keltec repair it, their customer service was awesome in my opinion from call to having the part in my hand was 3 days.:Cooltu:

Attachments

21 - 40 of 53 Posts