Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a box of Federal Premium Personal Defense 380 auto today. It states that it is a 90 grain hydra-shok and they are hollow point.

I remember a thread regarding various self defense ammo, but does anyone have any experience with these? If so, how did they work for you?

I will try to get to the range soon, but my wife is to have some surgery done tomorrow and it will be a few days before I can get to the range to do some shooting.

Bo Bryant

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Bo, that is what I use. No one I've shot has gotten back up.
Good luck tomorrow. Slow days waiting for the doctors to come out and talk to you. Been there, Don't like that.
Lop

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lop. I understand. But then my wife has been there waiting on me as well. That is what we do--be there for each other.

Glad to know this about the ammo. Never used it before. I will shoot a few rounds of it to get use to it and then put it in for everyday carry.

thanks again

Bo Bryant

G

·
Just FYI, I have found that when racking the first round of HS in my P3AT, I have to give the slide an ever-so-slight push to fully chamber the round.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked mine. I pulled the slide all the way back and let it go and it chambered the shell without any problem. But I did slingshot it.

Bo Bryant

·
Registered
96 Posts
yeah federals feed and fire well for me. I actually have the buffalo bore hollow points alternated with some Remington fmj.

as for the the hollow points catching when you manually feed, you have to realize the slide is designed to move as speeds much faster than a manual rack during recoil. i too have a tendency to be gentle with it and that is usually when the slide needs a little push forward. the slide does need to "slam" forward with a little bit of speed to function as intended.

the federals have never failed to feed for me when shooting only the occasional sticking when manually racking the slide.

someone pointed out in another topic that if you change magazines while the last round is still chambered you won't have to rack the slide for mag changes.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife is feeling better now so I will go to the range tomorrow and try the federal. I will see how they shoot.

Have a great weekend.

Bo Bryant

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didn't get to the range today to try out the Federal. I had several late calls to attend some birthday parties for some of the children in our community. Around our house, children rule. So I opted out to attend those. I will try to get to the range sometime this week to see how they do.

Thanks for all the reports.

Bo Bryant

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.