Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my little P3AT at a gun show this year.  I have a CCH in Texas but was fearful of carrying my gun with a bullet in the chamber.  I emailed Kel Tec asking about a possible accidental firing if I dropped it and felt more confident after their reply.  Shortly after that I accidently dropped it, bullet in the chamber and fully loaded, onto my ceramic tile kitchen floor and it was just fine.  Now I carry it everywhere.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
These are very safe weapons. they are only as safe as their user.

·
Registered
623 Posts
pst1108 said:
I accidently dropped it, bullet in the chamber and fully loaded, onto my ceramic tile kitchen floor
Ouch! :eek: Poor little thing. :'(

Glad it was ok. Thanks for "testing" that for the rest of us. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Titanium firing pins are becoming an industry standard, used in everything from the P3AT to Colt (and other) 1911s
Moon

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
SO, exactly where did you see a Titanium firing pin for the P3AT??

Kel-Tec certainly doesn't make them out of Titanium, and no after-market company makes them either that I ever heard of.

As an aside, they very likely would not work anyway.

The K-T steel FP is as light as it can be and still be able to transfer the high-speed impact to the primer.

rc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.