Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,775 Posts
I have figured out that if you have access to a copying machine, zooming to 1.04 of the document size will yield a 7.25" target.

::)

·
Super Moderator
10,075 Posts
Apparently different versions of Acrobat have different methods of controlling the scaling factor. Acrobat knows the actual document size, all we need to do is tell Acrobat not to scale the document. In my copy of Acrobat, the print dialog box has a check box for expand to fit page and another check box for reduce to fit page. Deselecting both of those, per the instructions on the first page of the document, will print the targets to the correct size.

Apparently, another version of Acrobat has a print dialog box that offers scaling options, and you can select "None", which makes sense. Whatever you need to do to tell Acrobat not to scale the document to fit the page is what you need to do.

Sorry about these print hassles, but Acrobat is still the best solution for distributing documents like this that must print properly on a variety of computers and operating systems.

There was a previous problem with the page being a bit too long to print on some printers, probably inkjets. If the bottom of your page seems to be cut off, make sure you have the latest copy of the PDF.

If you hate PC stuff like this and it seems like too much of a hassle, PM me with your postal address and the number of targets you'd like me to mail to you, and the number of classes in which you and your friends would like to compete so I'll know how many sets of rules to provide. This may be particularly good for people running one of the upcoming Kel-Tec regional shooting events. I could mail a huge envelope with a hundred targets and ten sets of rules and you'd be good to go.

For anyone who'll be at the Kentucky Kel-Tec Konvention next weekend, I'll have A LOT of targets and rules, so all you need to do is shoot, score, and mail your targets.

I'd hate to think anyone didn't compete in the KTOG Postal Match because the printing seemed like too much of a hassle.

·
Super Moderator
10,075 Posts
What about setting up multiple sets of targets and shooting in sequence:

1 short
1 long
2 long
2 short
3 short
3 long
4 long...

Then picking the best set.

Seems like cheating but maybe not? I don't so much care what's legal, as long as everyone is playing by the same rules.

·
Super Moderator
17,775 Posts
I have Acrobat Reader 7.0.9. Can't find a "Printer dialogue" box. I have a good copy of the 1.04 size. I'll just make some copies of that one. Thanks anywho.

;D

·
Administrator
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The print dialog box should show up after you click "print"... It's the screen where you select what pages, number of copies, etc. Like L4E said, choose whatever selection on your Adobe Acrobat version that does NOT scale the page size up or down. On my version, under scaling, I select "none".

Bottom line - Measure the diameter of your printed targets.
They should be 7 1/4 inches across from the outside of the lines.

Thanks L4E for the assist and generous offer to mail targets to folks.
Most should be able to get this to work. Even I can.
That should tell you something. ;D

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I assume the "stock trigger weight" requirement would allow a simple Fluff n Buff of the trigger mechanism, like what is sometimes done to the PLR's and SU's.

The specs say trigger weight is between 5 and 8lbs for the stock gun....I know some people get it just under 5lbs (4.5lbs).

·
Administrator
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Personally, I have no issue with what amounts to a fluff & buff. The stock trigger stipulation is aimed at some more radical modifications that require replacement parts and can reduce the trigger pull on the P11 by several pounds, in some cases cutting it in half or less.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
ktwm said:
The specs say trigger weight is between 5 and 8lbs for the stock gun....I know some people get it just under 5lbs (4.5lbs).
What? Who? Nobody saw me do it, you can't prove a thing!!! :eek: ;D

Bam

OOOPPS I obviously didn't read the first post. Sorry Tx.

"I will try to keep this thread strictly on track.
So, if it's not a "Q" or an "A", it is going away. "

·
Registered
179 Posts
I know, 50 posts; but can I enter anyway? Or do I need 50 posts - really? What would the point of Rule #1 be?

Brand new toy, ***sniff***, and the boys on this street simply won't let me play and it's not FAIR!!!

·
Administrator
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
3 posts per day will leave you 2 weeks to spare, and meanwhile... practice. ;D

·
Administrator
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Toes are fine. ;D

·
Administrator