Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
US CBP agents seized approximately 70,000 counterfeit Glock magazines (valued at approximately 2 million dollars) upon inspecting a container and then giving the counterfeiter the opportunity to remark them (which they did not do),

Kudos to CBP agents. Well done! :rayof:

Photo and more in the link below:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ent=2017-02-28&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

credit: The Firearm Blog (TFB) 02/28/2017

·
Registered
148 Posts
There are knock-offs for everything under the sun. I have been to one of the places that is notorious for creating knock-offs at night in the same factory that makes the originals. Whether it be magazines, watches, high end pens, clothing, tools, golf clubs and balls, purses, shoes, , , , , I was offered lots of "Deals". Unbelievable high quality. And yes, there are counterfeit handguns too. I was never offered such an item as those things stay on the dark side due to gun restrictions in that particular place, but they are very much part of the economy. It really is surprising how easy it was to see the merchandise behind the counter or in another room.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There are knock-offs for everything under the sun. I have been to one of the places that is notorious for creating knock-offs at night in the same factory that makes the originals...
I was surprised to learn how common and blatant this is.

Many of the factory owners in China don't see themselves as part of the larger company that they produce things for, so when they reach the end of a run for someone they simply churn out more of the same item with whatever "extra" raw materials are left (or they substitute cheaper ones) and churn out knock-offs.

Some of the knocks are identical to the original, while some fall far short...

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
While I don't really police us very hard this is a subject better served in the Counter or the Other Guns Sub forums. We do have 20 something total sub forums in TheKtog. The fact that you own a Sub doesn't mean you should only have discussions in here or can't look at the other spots. ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
While I don't really police us very hard this is a subject better served in the Counter or the Other Guns Sub forums. We do have 20 something total sub forums in TheKtog. The fact that you own a Sub doesn't mean you should only have discussions in here or can't look at the other spots. ;)
I do look at the other forums (I'm a BIG fan of many Kel Tec products), but I think Glock magazine discussion/information is important here because several Sub 2k's use them (like mine!).

I don't think there are any other Kel Tec guns that use Glock magazines (though I could be wrong)...

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
I do look at the other forums (I'm a BIG fan of many Kel Tec products), but I think Glock magazine discussion/information is important here because several Sub 2k's use them (like mine!).

I don't think there are any other Kel Tec guns that use Glock magazines (though I could be wrong)...
Here as well as in Other Guns. Do you have any idea just how many members probably ALSO own Glocks who may be interested in this, but rarely read the Sub2000 forum? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.