Failure to fire

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by kmunch, Jan 1, 2011.

1. kmunch

kmunch New Member

May 13, 2008
    If anyone is having failure to fire problems. What I believe you need to do is look at your fired or unfired cartridge. If the firing pin is not striking in the center of the primer, if it is hitting of to the side you have a slide issue. The firing pin channel has been drilled incorrectly. You need a new slide. I went through this problem. After replaceing my slide i have fired 400 trouble free founds. All different brands of ammo. Call mike at keltec. You will have to send your slide in first and he will send you a new slide. 8 day turn around and the gun is awesome.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    thanks for the update,
    Did you by chance get any pics of your off center cases or slide.
    I wonder if you noticed was it off left/right or up/down?
    with CNC machine spitting out slides, it could be possible a few more from that machine got out
    Do you mind posting the first digits of the serial #?

3. kmunch

kmunch New Member

May 13, 2008
    I cant tell where it was hitting off Because I have a new slide. But if its not hitting center you have a problem. My gun is at my office I will check the number and post it later. The problem is keltec starts with the firing pin the sends a hammer spring and the gets to the slide. Unless the firing pin is bent then you have a slide problem. Like I said before I have not had a single problem since the new slide. LOVE my gun NOW