Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I had some difficulty getting this thing shipped to Kel Tec. None of the shipping companies would accept it from me so I had to get an FFL to ship it.🤷🏻‍♂️
Anyway, they had me fixed up and it was on its way back within a week of them receiving it. They replaced a bunch of parts, did some tweaking, and it seems to function as it should. I’m posting a pic of the work order below so you can see what they did.
IDK when I’ll have an opportunity to run live rounds through it, but so far I am very pleased with the service department.
Font Parallel Paper product Paper Document

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well, that's interesting. I checked the repair work order from my own KS7 warranty service, and the first two items on your work order are not mentioned on mine and the first two items on mine are not mentioned on yours. Instead of "replaced barrel extension, bolt assembly, and mag springs" they just replaced my bolt assembly. And instead of "Replaced CTG inner, CTG outer, CTG spring, actuator bar, hammer springs and action lock with newest revisions," mine says "Updated grip assembly with newest revision." I guess they really do individualized mods. Mine is a 1st Generation model.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Warranty repair pretty much has to be very individualized.
If you just routinely replaced all parts, you're warranty department is going to have a very bad looking financial report.
The only practical way to do it is to have a professional gunsmith or highly trained worker inspect a gun and determine exactly what's our of spec, and replace only those parts.

It is a little surprising that a new gun would need that much parts replacement.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found this on Wikipedia:
Barrel locking is achieved by a swinging wedge, located inside the top of the bolt, which engages the barrel extension. The sliding forend is connected to the bolt by dual operating bars. The ammunition feed is from two independent tubular magazines, located below the barrel.

Perhaps “swedge” is just a company term for swinging wedge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts