Failure to eject

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by motorcarrier, Apr 13, 2009.

1. motorcarrier

motorcarrier New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    The weather finally broke and I took my P-3AT out today to break it in. I shot 100 rounds of full metal jacket loads and, though I didn't have a single failure to feed, I had alot of failures to eject. I mean a lot! The first box of 50 had failure to eject in every other magazine and the last box had multiple failures on every magazine. The spent cartridge would come about halfway out of the barrel and the next live round from the magazine would be pushing up against it and the slide would be partially open. I had to drop the magazine and manually rack the slide and on a few I had to push the live round back down into the magazine to get it to release. Is this a common failure in this gun and are there any suggestions? Thanks!

2. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Have you cleaned and lubed? F&B? What ammo? Have you checked tightness of buttonhead?

3. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Ejection problems have been common in the past. Make sure the extractor spring screw? is tight, but do not over tighten it, it may strip. I also lube the inside of the chamber each cleaning. It does get better with each outing. Make sure you don't limpwrist it. I would also order 1 or 2 backup springs to have on hand. Good Luck. Tom :)

4. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Is your ejector still there? The small part that slides into the frame at the rear left.