Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new KSG today and it is very disappointing several failures to feed, and failures to eject/extract, I will be selling/trading tomorrow as I have no need to own a "range toy". I was super stoked to get one, but I have no patience for 2-3 failures per mag tube. Double feeds, failures to both extract and eject, I will stick to my conventional pump shotguns. I hope to buy a KSG when the beta testing is over. The double feeds are a bear to clear, and I would not trust this gun with my life, I am sure Kel-Tec would accept the return and fix it, but I will go another route. I have no confidence in this weapon. My S2K on the other hand has been ultra reliable so this may be a fluke, and I know I am not giving KT the chance to make it right. I also know I will not have confidence in this gun.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bummer that you quickly given up....you know, if you did your do diligence and followed the FAQ list your range gun would have turned into a weapon. Sorry to lose you!
BTW they have sold close to 200,000 KSG to date, beta is the first few thousand.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Current production of Rem 870s have major FTEs also, thanks to less-than-stellar parkerizing control, allow it to get in the chamber. Tons of threads found on google on the topic, and many videos explicitly addressing it and how to correct it.

The problem, and the fix, is the same for both the 870 and the KSG. I guess Remington is beta testing their 870s since 1950, then?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Picked up a new KSG today and it is very disappointing several failures to feed, and failures to eject/extract, I will be selling/trading tomorrow as I have no need to own a "range toy". I was super stoked to get one, but I have no patience for 2-3 failures per mag tube. Double feeds, failures to both extract and eject, I will stick to my conventional pump shotguns. I hope to buy a KSG when the beta testing is over. The double feeds are a bear to clear, and I would not trust this gun with my life, I am sure Kel-Tec would accept the return and fix it, but I will go another route. I have no confidence in this weapon. My S2K on the other hand has been ultra reliable so this may be a fluke, and I know I am not giving KT the chance to make it right. I also know I will not have confidence in this gun.
It's a little more of a pain, but you may want to send the gun back to KelTec and have it fixed prior to trading/selling.

You'll get more for it if it's in 100% working order...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beta testing goes on as long as people accept unfinished products, as does poor QC. A defensive firearm that will not pass a basic function test out of the box is not acceptable. If it is so easy to fix why don't they add the simple process as a manufacturing step, or include the process in the manual? I did not know I was buying a DYI kit to finish, I wanted a working firearm. It was not just one failure with just one particular ammunition either. I understand things slip through the cracks and, I assumed the Kel-Tec owners group would be a place I could vent about poor QC and things slipping through the cracks. I see I was wrong, lesson learned and warnings noted. I will only post happy Kel-Tec information from now on. Thanks for the information, and the website.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You know, the only time I had a weapon work straight out of a box was a revolver, all my autoes had to go through some kind of break-in. Polish feed ramps, dry cycle 500 times, remove parkerizing, sand and polish slides, deburr plastic, etc to get them worthy to be defensive. These are not crap brands either, these are S&W, Ruger, CZ, FNH, Glock. Get it worked out with KT and do you FAQ.. I did and man what a rush she'll give you!
I belong to all theese forums and this is no different, fix the bugs with your forum's help and brag after your done!
OR sell it and someone will do this after you give it away at a bargain price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know, the only time I had a weapon work straight out of a box was a revolver, all my autoes had to go through some kind of break-in. Polish feed ramps, dry cycle 500 times, remove parkerizing, sand and polish slides, deburr plastic, etc to get them worthy to be defensive. These are not crap brands either, these are S&W, Ruger, CZ, FNH, Glock. Get it worked out with KT and do you FAQ.. I did and man what a rush she'll give you!
I belong to all theese forums and this is no different, fix the bugs with your forum's help and brag after your done!
OR sell it and someone will do this after you give it away at a bargain price.
I am glad you and so many others have taken the time and expense to fix your KSG's or got one that worked out of the box, I did not post asking how to fix the gun, I posted to let other potential buyers know it is still a gamble because reading through this forum watching reviews on youtube, reading other reviews along with the video's of Kel-Tec's factory tours all of which said in one way or another the current KSG while not perfect may just have a minor issue if any. So I rolled the dice, I lost and I was upset because I knew I was going to lose money. I spent most of the weekend in the back yard cycling the gun and having friends cycle it with quality hunting and defensive ammo none of it the cheap stuff with well known feeding issues or the stuff Kel-Tec's sticker says not to use and again we are not talking about shooting the gun just checking the function of it. Not everyone has the confidence or the ability to do the work required to get the KSG up to par if they get one that doesn't work out of the box and believe it or not there are some that have both but just don't want too. I am not talking about one issue with one kind of ammo, it has failed to extract, failed to feed, had double feeds, no mater which tube or what ammo an average of 3 failures per tube with over 1000 cycles and 10 different kinds of ammo any rounds that were involved in a failure were set aside at the end of it all there was not one round that was not set aside. That was enough for me to decide I was not going to waste my time and ammo on a trip to the range. Was the gun fixable sure, should I have to do hours of work to get it to run as it should, no. If you want to do that kind of work on a gun go ahead. I guess I should buy a new car and be expected to bleed the brakes, flush the cooling system and air the tires up before I drive it home or optionally send it back to the factory and wait to see if they will finish the manufacturing process. Either way I am out time and money I chose to cut my losses. I understand it is my fault I bought the gun, how dare I expect it to pass a basic function test.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I am not talking about one issue with one kind of ammo, it has failed to extract, failed to feed, had double feeds, no mater which tube or what ammo an average of 3 failures per tube with over 1000 cycles and 10 different kinds of ammo any rounds that were involved in a failure were set aside at the end of it all there was not one round that was not set aside...
I never fired the gun
:eek:
Seriously? Yellow Smile

Isn't that like buying a car, pushing it up and down the road and taking it back to the dealership and saying "it doesn't drive worth a dam", and as you throw the keys to the dealer, saying "oh, I never started it:rolleyes:".

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:eek:
Seriously? View attachment 28792
Isn't that like buying a car, pushing it up and down the road and taking it back to the dealership and saying "it doesn't drive worth a dam", and as you throw the keys to the dealer, saying "oh, I never started it:rolleyes:".
Lol no it's like buying a car at a dealership and when you start it it knocks. You don't need to drive it to know it isn't going get you home.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Blahaha. I had a suspension that the o.p. hadn't fired a round. Funny how this often happens on the many forums, on many different types of firearms.
For the Love of God Man, go shoot the damn gun!
Spend more time at the range than typing on your computer.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.