Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My P-3AT has some rough looking gouges in the slide, in the recessed vertical lines on the back of the slide where you pull it back. :( Is there anything I can do in particular to get rid of this, or if I send the gun off to have the slide coated, will they removed these marks?

I look forward to your responses and thanks in advance!
 
G

·
1ST...Welcome to KTOG jdan...

2nd...milling marks are not at all uncommon ont the 3AT's.

Thes guns are made for SD and are not show pieces. I doubt Kel-Tec will swap slides out for cosmetic reasons only.

That said........many take pride in making them show pieces.

Post pictures for us to see what it looks like, but I am betting that you will be able to file/sand out most of the marks, and depending on the type of finish you put on it....you can have a very nice looking gun.

Many here, that includes me, will be glad to reccomend CCR.

Cummings Custom Refinishing
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Here is a thread to review the work and some pricing info.


http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1094751001


They did one of my 3AT's in a Satin Stainless look. I love it!


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for the quick response. I will post pics as soon as possible to show you the marks. I love the work CCR did on yours. Looks great! My grip is OD Green. Any recommendations on a finish for the slide?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
I think KelTec gives you two weeks on cosmetic issues. I bought a new PF9 HC and the slide had some issues I called sent it back and I got one that's almost perfect at least it's a lot better. It's a real looker now!   :eek:

Tom j.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
Curt32 said:
I think KelTec gives you two weeks on cosmetic issues. I bought a new PF9 HC and the slide had some issues I called sent it back and I got one that's almost perfect at least it's a lot better. It's a real looker now!   :eek:

Tom j.
How do they know if you have had it for 2 weeks? When I sent my P3AT slide in they did'nt ask for proof of purchase or the date that I bought it. Does it only apply if you send the whole gun in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried to take some pictures today, but I could not get a good enough photo to really show the marks. I did call Kel-Tec today, though. They told me I would have to sand the slide myself and send it elsewhere to have it recoated as they do not cover cosmetic defects such as this. Should I send the slide to the anyway and see if they do anything about it? Thanks again for the replies!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,249 Posts
Nakanokalronin said:
How do they know if you have had it for 2 weeks? When I sent my P3AT slide in they did'nt ask for proof of purchase or the date that I bought it. Does it only apply if you send the whole gun in?
From what I understand they never ask for proof or date of purchase. I've not yet made use of the warranty myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,249 Posts
jdanielmelvinii said:
I tried to take some pictures today, but I could not get a good enough photo to really show the marks. I did call Kel-Tec today, though. They told me I would have to sand the slide myself and send it elsewhere to have it recoated as they do not cover cosmetic defects such as this. Should I send the slide to the anyway and see if they do anything about it? Thanks again for the replies!
I'm not sure how deep these marks are but if they annoy you enough you can get a canned air sandblasting kit at a hobby shop for about $40, extra cans of air are a few bucks but you can reuse the aluminum oxide.

I blasted one of my barrels before cold bluing. Here are both the blasted and non-blasted blued barrels. Machine marks visible on one and almost entirely gone on the other. I plan to do the slides one day when I have some extra time.


 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top