Extractor spring screw

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tomwalshco, Mar 7, 2010.

1. tomwalshco

tomwalshco New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Anybody know the size of this thing? Have taken mine out a couple of times to cleanup inside and the head looks like it's getting boogered up a little. Hate to strip that head. Thinking about replacing it with a torx head. Because I put Loctite on it every time, it takes a little force to bust it loose. 5/64" allen. I'm sure it's a standard thread. I can cut and grind if I find something longer. Case hardened?

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The thread size and the length have been posted before but I don't know where, not do I recall. However, KT will send you a couple of replacements if you call the Svc dept. If you want something with a torx head someone will eventually come along and give you the size. Folks have made that change before. As far as using a harder screw, I'm not sure but I would think KT has that figured out. There are instances where you'd want the screw to fail before something else gives. For example, if some threads are going to get buggered up, you'd want the threads on the screw to give before the ones in the slide. I'm just saying...

3. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Give KT a call and they will have you a new one in the mail the next day, at no charge to you.

4. Emack76

Emack76 New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    +1 to that.
    You definetely don't want the firing pin to be made of something weaker than the screw.