Extractor Screw.

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by regrip, Oct 25, 2007.

1. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Does the extractor screw also hold in the firing pin? Is it very hard to hold these three pcs. in place when replacing the extractor & spring? :)

2. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Yes it does.

Remove the magazine.
    Make sure the gun is not loaded - Make sure the gun is not loaded - Make sure the gun is not loaded.
    Leave it fully assembled without a magazine in it.
    Make sure the hammer is fully forward (in the fired position, contacting the firing pin). Dry fire it if necessary. This will prevent the firing pin from shooting out.

You should be fine after that...

3. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Great, thanks for that info. :)

4. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    How often should the fireing pin be taken out and that area be cleaned? Thanks. Tom :)

5. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I use a parrifin/teflon lube that has a wax buildup.  during normal biweekly shoot a magazine, clean and lube; I pour this mix into firing pin and use recoil rod to work FP and blow out excessive.  I have pulled the firing pin for cleaning about every nine  months.  See earlier post about drill size for cleaning.  

Here is a past post with another method of pulling the pin

6. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    :) Thanks for the information. Tom

7. jocko

jocko Guest

personally for me, I just use the high pressure non cholorinated automotive cleaner sprays and just shoot it down the firng pin hole front and back, It will clean perfectly and drys fast, then a drop of oil on the back of the firing pin hole . I just would not mess with that buttonhead screw anymore than need be. U can keep that area clean with a good pressure spray cleaner--PERFECTLY TO.. :-X