Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all the posts from folks who have extractors come loose and cause FTE....i tried to remove my extractor to better clean behind it and couldnt.....

i probably could have over come the torque but stopped for fear of stripping out the inner diameter of the torque screw.

how essencial is the removal of the extractor for reliable service?

i use the good gun scrubber and a copper brush ....i get everything pretty good except for under the extractor....i use a little pick to scrape away the carbon under it the best i can.....

what say you?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
First. You need a high quality wrench. Do not use those ball ends. the 5/64" is the correct size, but a 2mm is a better fit.

If you have a soldereing iron, you want to get the head Hot to touch >170. A hair dryer will also help. this weakens the thread sealant. keeping the wrench pushed in hard and square, it should come out

if the slide is off the frame, after a couple turns, the firing pin will pop out

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
And, if the gun is extracting ok, I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like you do a good job of cleaning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info....

i will probably leave it at factory torque since there are no issues and i can still clean it fairly well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You might also try some non-chlorine pressurized brake parts cleaner like many others on this forum. It can easily clean out under the extractor. Most references for this are at NAPA, but I saw some very reasonably priced at Walmart...less than $3.00.

Good Luck and Good Shooting,

DG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.