Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
I have not used grease there, and yes mine does have a little rattle. I am not concerned about it.

You should here my old GI issue 1911. ::)

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
That piece is the ejector.
It "ejects" the empty case from the gun.

The extractor is the part mounted in the slide that "extracts" the case from the chamber.

rcmodel

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
jkoenig1980 said:
(when i say extractor i mean the little piece that falls out when you clean it)
I first read this on my handheld just about to go into court this morning and didn't have time to type a reply with an on-screen keyboard. Grease is the right answer for me too, but I am totally surprised that no one pointed out that the "ejector" is not just "falling out:"

You see, there are ONLY two ejector's made for each P3AT ever made, the one that came with it and it's backup. They have a homing desire built into them. They have a propensity to escape and make their way back home to Florida. No matter how many you ever loose there are no more made and you can't get more until yours make it home and they can ship it back to you. If by chance you actually order 2 or 3 ahead of time you are actually "borrowing" from someone else's who hasn't ordered the 2nd one yet or from someone else's who made it home to Florida and then was shipped to you. DO NOT let them loose or they will escape. They MUST be kept in a sealed container at all times - they are not smart enough to open MOST lids so locks are usually not necessary, but it has been reported to have happened.

Now Springs and Guiderods - they are another story. They tend to run but forget where they are going once they get 5-15 feet from the weapon so they just lay there hiding until you find them. They do have a tendency, however, to get scared so they seek the most dificult spot for you to find them in as a way to try and protect themselves. But those Ejectors - they keep running until they get home.

-Scott

G

·
For the uneducated wannabe gunsmiths like me, why is the lil ejector sitting loose any way?

Does it move during the cycle to help push the empty casing out?

Why is it not just milled into the slide as opposed to a drop in jugsaw puzzle peice?

Again, please be kind as I am really just a wannabe gunsmith.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
So it can be replaced if worn rather than replacing the whole frame?

Jim, who is just guessing.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
It is made out of steel, while the frame it sits in is aluminum.

If it were milled as part of the aluminum frame, it would rather quickly get beat to death.
(like the corner of the frame at the right-rear of the mag well where the empties hit it)

An aluminum ejector made as part of the frame would not take the beating it gets.

rcmodel

·
Registered
846 Posts
+1

The ejectors do escape without a trace, mine must have made it home by now. I hope the little guy had a safe journey.

I vacuumed the entire room that I lost mine in and searched the contents of the resivoir with a magnet, no dice, its gone. This is after hours of looking for it, figuring its got to be here somewhere. No, like Elvis, it had left the building. ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.