Extra Posts

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Mike, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Mike

Mike New Member

May 21, 2005
    I checked my posts and found two that were attributed to me that I didn't make. The count is right (6) but there are eight displayed. Anyone else have this problem?

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Do you have an evil twin?

Seriously, I have no idea. Nor could I tell which 2 posts you are referring to. I checked, and you seem to be the only "Mike". If you want to post a link to those 2 posts, I'll see what I can figure out.

3. randomguy

randomguy New Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Sure enough, you've been a registered user for less than a month, but the system attributes to you two posts from 2004. My only guess is that there was a previous member with screenname Mike who is no longer registered. I didn't even know that it was possible to unregister.

Another thing that I've noticed is that there's no way to truly search posts by member. There seems to be an option for it on the search page, but I've never been able to get it to work.

Anyway, if you're curious TxCajun, just click to Mike's user profile and then display last ten or fifteen posts. It'll display the old ones that don't count toward his post count.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Randomguy:

Your explanation makes sense.  Probably, the previous user (Mike) unregistered.  I have seen a member do this before.  On the profile page, at the bottom, is a "delete user" button.  Although I could not find directions in the help section, I'm guessing that's how you unregister.

BTW, the member that I saw unregister, reregistered with the same name a week or so later, so either he did it accidentally, or changed his mind.

5. Mike

Mike New Member

May 21, 2005
    I just wanted to make sure it was not a malfunction or some kind of hacker situation. At least the posts do not seem improper so I guess there is no harm done.