Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a mission to really mitigate the infamous kick that the KSG is known for. I've heard the rumors of some people actually slipping a recoil pad over a Kel-Tec extended butt pad. I'm curious if there's anyone here who is actually running this set up?
How much has this combination actually reduced the felt recoil, compared to them individually and stock?
Has this added a lot to the overall length?
Is this even practical?
I've already got the Pachmayr Decelerator Recoil Pad (Small) on the end of mine. Would I have to size up to a medium to compensate for the larger Extended Butt Pad?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I run it. I use it to increase the length of pull for my arms. I am a big guy. 6'3" 230-240#. the 1oz steel rounds I choose and mod push at a 1000 mph out the berrel. so. every action equal and opposite reaction says that round is shoving back at 1oz x math... and pixy dust.... I have shot all day without and with the limbsaver butt pad. I survive. but having the pad allows a little better purch into my arm and shoulder for my check weld. and to shoot both eyes open with out double vision of my optics.

i have it ziptied and a dab of silicone to keep it in place.
it also allows a cover over the allen keys I drilled into the original butt stock to tighten all hardware and TO KEEP THE SELECTOR SWITCH TIGHT.
*(biggest cause of misfeeds is a loose selector switch! )

Reactions: Ray0913
1 - 2 of 2 Posts