Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I've been wishing for, would be a nice exploded view cleaning mat. Everytime I see one of these for other manufacturers, I get a little jealous. Pretty easy to have made?
Pardon my 5 second mock-up:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Something I've been wishing for, would be a nice exploded view cleaning mat. Everytime I see one of these for other manufacturers, I get a little jealous. Pretty easy to have made?
Pardon my 5 second mock-up:
If you made this mock up in five seconds, you da man.

Reactions: dazed

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you made this mock up in five seconds, you da man.
OK, ok, it took 10.
5 to find the image, another 5 to run it through a filter.
I actually asked Chris Enos about this, and he said it was something they were interested in, but were having a hard time finding an American manufacturer that had a reasonable cost.
So... Maybe in the future?

·
Registered
156 Posts
OK, ok, it took 10.
5 to find the image, another 5 to run it through a filter.
I actually asked Chris Enos about this, and he said it was something they were interested in, but were having a hard time finding an American manufacturer that had a reasonable cost.
So... Maybe in the future?
I wonder what reasonable would be? It seems it could be screen printed fairly inexpensively. The hard part would be getting you to do mock-ups of each weapon (like the CMR 30).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I wonder what reasonable would be?
that's a good question. It would appear that other manufacturers use Chinese labor for theirs, and they didn't want to go that route. Understandably.
Whatever the cost difference is, it must be enough to give them pause.
If they wanted me to do them, I would even take like 10 minutes to do each.;)
IIRC, I just pulled that from one of their manuals. Ran it through a dumb online "blueprint" image filter. They would probably want to do a more detailed negative of it.
In the meantime, old towels serve the purpose.

·
Registered
50 Posts
find a local t-shirt screen printer, and the foam media. Make and sell them yourself?

edit:
Found a clear looking one on ebay for the PMR-30, for $14. Black or tan.
At that price point, it would be hard to compete.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-KEL-TEC-PMR-30-Armorers-Cleaning-Bench-Mat-Cerus-Gear-PREMIUM-Made-in-USA/302977852313?hash=item468ae32399:g:KFgAAOSwtmNcALB4

Same mat on Amazon, $17.75
https://www.amazon.com/EDOG-Schematic-Exploded-Protector-Resistant/dp/B07N5FKZK1/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=pmr-30+gun+cleaning+mats&qid=1600607286&sr=8-5

·
Registered
40 Posts
My company gets tons of shirts printed. I'll check with my screen printer tomorrow and see what he thinks. Sometimes he can buy material in bulk and is willing to try new things.

Can someone get me a good image of an exploded view of the CMR or and whatever other keltec gun they want?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here's the thing, I wouldn't mind "making my own" if I had access to to materials and process.
But not a chance I would make them and sell them w/o KTs blessing.

The image I used in my OP was just cribbed from a KT manual, iirc. I think I just googled "(specific gun) + exploded view"?

Examples:

Then I just ran it through a "image negative filter" (though it should be converted to BnW first)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good point. I don't have time or desire to sell them. Nor do I care to try and go down that road with Keltec even if they responded to the inquiry.

This all sounded easier in my head. I think a guy would need to just buy a plain black rubber mat and bring it to a local screen print shop like glu_ru suggested. My local printer only charged me like $10 to do one t shirt for me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just use my ole Glock 21 mat and reference the pmr-30 pic online or in the manual. And for normal cleaning, or field strip cleaning, don't need a diagram anyways ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Got this on Amazon a couple days ago, looking forward to springs and parts not rolling away

Looks like that would be great for working on laptops, too. If you could put a link...

Reactions: dazed

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you click around enough and look at recommended links you find cool good deals, like 2200 1 1/4" square cleaning pads. $15 cool box too, (I have a box fetish)
That would be two lifetime supplies for me! I think I'm going to buy it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts