Experience w/ Winchestor 100rd value packs

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by saenzrich, Jul 1, 2010.

1. saenzrich

saenzrich New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Anybody have any experience using winchester value packs (100rds wal-mart special...) through the KP3at, ftf, or is it just reliable? I have a 3pat on the way (tomorrow) and i bought a couple hundred rds. and was wondering if it was good range ammo....reliable? Appreciate the input. :-?

2. You should be good to go, but ANY semi auto can be ammo picky. I have run not less than 1000 WWB through my 3AT. I re-load for 380 now so I have not bought WWB in awhile.

Before shooting your new 3AT the first time, make sure you clean and lube well.

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG
    WWB (winchester white box) is what I use, along with Remington green. WWB's truncated nose might have a feed problem if the gun is not clean and lubed

4. saenzrich

saenzrich New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Thanks and thats what i've read before and  i chose the kel-tec over ruger because they had about the same reviews about relibility not on just ammo but just in general. I'm sure that this gun will be as dependable as the rest i have purchased, and after a thourough cleaning it will function just fine. Thanks for the responses anything others will definately not gone un-heard.

5. Jongo

Jongo New Member

Jun 26, 2010
    I just got my p3at this month, and I've put 150 rounds of wwb through it without any jams. Hopefully you'll have the same experience.

6. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Our local Wally World has some 100 round WWB value packs for around $28. I'll be trying some out soon.

7. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Mine likes them. The P11 OTOH won't shoot them at all and hangs on about every third one. It all depends on the gun I guess.

8. Agent-Adam

Agent-Adam New Member

May 19, 2010
    I was worried about the flat noise rounds not working in these 'finiky' guns but mine has been flawless and this is my preferred practice round. Low recoil and extremely accurate.

9. justin3

justin3 New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    I've put one box through mine, and It functioned fine IIRC.

10. WesKCMO

WesKCMO New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Kansas City, Missouri
    My Walmart never has 380 ammo... never... I have never seen it at a single walmart in our area. I visit at least 3 different ones in my area on a regular basis too. I always end up buying it at a gun store and paying the premium. :(

9mm on the other hand... I buy ton's of wwb value packs at walmart.

11. ChasF

ChasF Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I've shot about 300 rounds of WWB 380 through mine without any problems. I have more waiting to join the others as soon as I have time.

12. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    I use WWB all of the time from WalMart in .380, 9mm and 45 acp. Always work well. However, I think I have only shot round nose FMJ and not the flat nose.