Excuse me. I was banned (account) for no apparent

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Highwind2, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Highwind2

Highwind2 New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    reason. My Screen name was banned (Highwind) for no apparent reason....

I had a FS thread in the trading post and posted pictures and someone expressed interest, I like many others would replied saying "hey if you are really interested give me a call at ##########"

I do not have time to be on the forum constantly NOR does your forum give you ANY kind of notification that you were PM'ed (as default)

and when I found a local buyer I sold it to him and I asked for the thread to be closed.

So. why was I banned?

2. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Re: Excuse me. I was banned (account) for no appar

I have met most of the mods and txcajun in person and if they banned you, im sure they had a good reason.

Dan

3. Highwind2

Highwind2 New Member

Mar 2, 2011

if they had good reason to they should explain because I feel like Ive done nothing wrong. Ive been on this site for probably almost 2 years without any problems

4. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach

Looks like it was your 3rd strike.

4th strike when they find you've re-enrolled in KTOG.

I believe you're not welcome...go away. >:(

my cell # is 3214319212

he can call me as long as it doesnt involve going any lower than the associated price [/quote]

Yep, unless I am misinterpreting something, it surely appears that cj5mrt is attempting to set up a sale for a non-member, and Highwind is persuing that end.  IF this is the case, I strongly suggest you guys read the impossible to miss TP Rules, particularly...

[/quote]

5. Highwind2

Highwind2 New Member

Mar 2, 2011

That is BEYOND VAGUE.

6. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana

1.  Consolidate multiple items into one thread only.  
    All merchandise posted for sale must have a listed price.  On occasion, we allow a silent auction, but they must be pre-approved and follow a specific format.  [highlight]If you are listing your item locally or elsewhere, state that in your thread so that readers may take that into consideration[/highlight].

5. [highlight] When a deal has been made, the original poster must edit his first post and put "SOLD" or SPF (sold pending funds) at the beginning of the title of that post[/highlight].  If it was a WTT or WTB, also edit the title appropriately to indicate the changed status of the thread.

There was a PM exchange, phone number and return email addresses possibly exchanged, and then after 2 warnings were issued you  posted a rather nonchalant, and I quote, "sold lock it", 12 hours later.  No "I'll take it" had been posted, yet there was never any indication it was for sale elsewhere.

The PM notification is a box that you can check in your profile, and the Yabb software we use has it off by default.  Regardless of the setting it is the seller's responsibility to check for messages if they are going to post something for sale.

And your original membership ran from Jan 2010 -  Feb 2011, or about 13 months.

This is NOT DC, we DO NOT HAVE to allow you be a member, and we have every right to expect members to abide by our forum rules, or not participate.  It's your choice, and you chose poorly.  The only access you lost when you were banned was the ability to post or sell/buy in here.  You are still perfectly welcome to read to your hearts content as a guest. 

7. Highwind2

Highwind2 New Member

Mar 2, 2011

first off the 1st poster told me "hey i have this guy" and I said "hey if he wants to talk, call." he never called. I think its common sense to try to sell something at multiple venues just to get somewhere. most logically (logically.) locally. there was no. "Your doing something wrong this is a infraction"

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

No sir!  You were banned for your apparent inability or unwillingness to read and follow our extremely well publicized Trading Post/Forum Rules.  Specifically, 5 strikes and you're out.  I think that is more than generous.

5 Violations:

In the Trading Post, when you were done with 3 sales, you deleted everything in your original post.  That is not how we do things.   The posts must stand as a record of your Trades, so that others may look up your past transactions to see if they care to do business with you.  The rules say that when something is sold, all you do is edit the original post by adding SOLD or SPF to the title.  You are not supposed to delete your thread, and thus your trading record.

1st violation:  http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1297919872/0#0

2nd violation:  http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296844953/0#0

Next you listed the PMR 30 and then marked it sold.  There was no "I'll Take It" posted in the thread.  Nor was there any mention that it was up for sale elsewhere.  This is required by the rules.  Also, again, you deleted your entire thread rather than simply marking it sold as required.

3rd ansd 4th violations:   http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1298144478

5th violation:  Obviously, when you are banned from the forum for multiple rules violations, re-registering is another violation of the rules.

Therefore, your current account will also be banned.  I am all done quoting rules to you that you should have read an followed.  Do not re-register here. Good luck...  elswhere.

9. Toforo

Toforo New Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Columbia, MO

I made a mistake here once and they've made me wear

<==== this bug ever since.....

.....like an albatross (sigh)

:'(

10. captotterboy

captotterboy New Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Off topic.  Sorry

I did not know where else to post this. My post counter was reset. Can an admin please tell me why?

11. Bam_Bam

Bam_Bam New Member Supporter

Aug 29, 2005
    Re: Off topic.  Sorry

Looks like you violated the Trading Post rule which got you post count reset to zero! We have just a few simple rules and big banners telling everyone to read the rules fist, but no one seems to care about the rules. You just got your wrist slapped, other repeat offenders just got banned!

[highlight]Public Service announcement!
    [/highlight]

FYI READ THE TRADING POST RULES BEFORE POSTING!!!! IF YOU CAN'T FOLLOW THE RULES, STAY OUT OF THE TRADING POST!!!

Bam Bam

12. cj5mrt

cj5mrt Active Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Winter Haven, FL

I wanted to come here and apologize for my part in all this drama. I know someone who was looking for that particular gun and tried to help both guys out. I certainly didn't mean to break any rules or cause such a problem for anyone.

Again, I am sorry for all this.

Mike

13. captotterboy

captotterboy New Member

Feb 8, 2011

Speaking of which, I do not know where this topic belongs, and I do not want to get in trouble again.

I read the rules and I thought I was following them. If someone could please tell me which I violated I would be happy not to do it again.

The only one I can think of is the "TTT" rule. I thought I had to wait until my post was on page 2 before I TTT'd it, which I did. Is that why?

14. Bam_Bam

Bam_Bam New Member Supporter

Aug 29, 2005

Procedures:

1.  All merchandise posted for sale must have a listed price.  List only items you have for sale.  On occasion, we allow a silent auction, but they must be pre-approved and follow a specific format.  [highlight]If you are listing your item locally or elsewhere, state that in your thread so that readers may take that into consideration.[/highlight]  List only items that you actually have for sale.  Do not post here about  

[highlight]2.  In a given For Sale thread, the first posted, "I'll take it" (or words to that effect) has priority.[/highlight]  This assumes that the buyer is willing to pay the asking price.  Others may post, "2nd, 3rd dibs", etc.  This establishes a pecking order should a sale fall through or there be multiple items.

3.  If you are seeking additional information, making an offer, etc, post "PM or Email sent".  However, this does not secure a place in line nor guarantee that you have bought anything.  For that, you must post, "I'll take it", in the thread.  At any time, an "I'll take it" posted in the thread trumps any non-specific post such as "PM Sent".  This keeps things open, above board and fair to all who participate.  We do not want to see people being sniped below the radar either before of after they have agreed in good faith to buy something.

4.  When a buyer and/or seller have reached agreement, it is expected that the buyer will send payment in a timely fashion unless the seller has agreed otherwise.  Likewise, upon receipt of payment, the seller should ship the merchandise quickly.

5.  When a deal has been made, the original poster must edit his first post and put "SOLD" or SPF (sold pending funds) at the beginning of the title of that post.  If it was a WTT or WTB, also edit the title appropriately to indicate the changed status of the thread.

6.  No disparaging remarks are allowed in a TP thread.  If you think someone's goods are junk, priced to high, etc, keep it to yourself.  No one is forcing you to buy anything and the market will take care of itself.  Neither is a TP thread normally a good place to carry on an extended discussion.  It is not a typical thread but is someones advertisement, and you should be extra-respectful of a TP thread.  It is OK, in moderation, to post a positive comment in a TP ad regarding the seller or the merchandise.

[highlight]7.  Do not "bump" your own thread while it is still on page 1. [/highlight] Of course everyone would like their post to be at the top of the page, but that is not possible.  When your thread falls off page 1, you may bump it back to the top.

Make sense now? Obviously your brass for sale was sold outside KTOG or bypassed the thread and you communicated directly with the buyer via e-mail,either way there was no "I'll take it" posted.

Bam Bam

15. captotterboy

captotterboy New Member

Feb 8, 2011

Actually neither. I took it down because it was no longer for sale (so that takes care of rules #1 and #2). How do I do that next time and not incur the wrath of my superiors?

I did not bump my post while it was on page 1. It got bumped when it was at the top of page 2. How do I avoid violating this rule? Should I wait until it is halfway down the page just to be safe?

16. captotterboy

captotterboy New Member

Feb 8, 2011

Let me clarify; no one had put any offers on it and I figured the best way to take it down without incurring wrath was to just put a "sold" on it. I was wrong. So if, in the future, I offer something and then decide to take it down when no one wants it, how do I do that?

The reason I took it down is I am going to combine the brass there with other brass that I have coming in and re-post it at a later date.

17. Deadmannumberone

Deadmannumberone New Member

Dec 6, 2010

1: Questions about site procedures would best be asked in the "Site Feedback and Announcements" forum.

2: A "Removed from sale" or "No longer for sale" (optionally adding "due to lack of interest") would be more appropriate.

18. captotterboy

captotterboy New Member

Feb 8, 2011

I do not recall seeing that anywhere in the rules. Did I just miss it?

19. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Apology accepted and appreciated. Post count restored. :cool:

Just please be mindful of our rules, especially in the TP. ;)

20. Deadmannumberone

Deadmannumberone New Member

Dec 6, 2010

Neither is written in the rules posts, but 1 is in the description of that forum, and 2 is logical, though it could due to be added to the TP rules post.