Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been carrying a P32 for many years now, and I can't ever recall it NOT going bang when I pull the trigger, either at the range or in the desert. It's been rock solid reliable. I'm sure it's due to the better reliability of centerfire ammo and the fact I keep the pistol pretty clean, especially the firing pin/firing pin channel...

Have you ever had one in the chamber, pulled the trigger, and gotten just a click?

· Registered
279 Posts
9 failures in 1262 rounds. A variety of light strikes, FTF and FTE. The majority were misfires due to light strikes or hard primers With foreign ammo.

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
9 failures in 1262 rounds. A variety of light strikes, FTF and FTE. The majority were misfires due to light strikes or hard primers With foreign ammo.
800+ rounds, all FMJ, with no light strikes. Have used Fiocchi, S&B, PPU, Federal, Geco, Blazer Aluminum and PMC.
Total of 6 FTF / FTE that could have been due to various reasons, but approximately 99.3% reliability works for my use.
Thanks for keeping those stats, very precise!

· Registered
7,214 Posts
Never had a click-no-bang with any of the P32's I've owned. I've had a few bobbles here and there that were either caused by accidentally dragging my thumb against the slide - easily remedied simply by adjusting my grip - or an instance of rimlock when using Lehigh Defense "Xtreme Cavitator" rounds that had a shorter overall length than FMJ's, which allowed the round under the top round in the magazine to skip its rim ahead of it under recoil and thus lock things up. (Glad I found that out at the range and not during a defensive shooting. I've since switched back to and stuck with Fiocchi or Sellier & Bellot FMJ's for carry.)

· Registered
28 Posts
Never had a click-no-bang with any of the P32's I've owned. I've had a few bobbles here and there that were either caused by accidentally dragging my thumb against the slide - easily remedied simply by adjusting my grip - or an instance of rimlock when using Lehigh Defense "Xtreme Cavitator" rounds that had a shorter overall length than FMJ's, which allowed the round under the top round in the magazine to skip its rim ahead of it under recoil and thus lock things up. (Glad I found that out at the range and not during a defensive shooting. I've since switched back to and stuck with Fiocchi or Sellier & Bellot FMJ's for carry.)
You could do the fly wire (spacer) mod, no more rimlock with hp's or Underwood/Lehigh rounds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts