noun \ˈtrə-kyə-lən(t)s also ˈtrü-\
Definition of TRUCULENCE
: the quality or state of being truculent
OK, that didn't help much... :(

truc·u·lent
   [truhk-yuh-luhnt, troo-kyuh-]
adjective
1. fierce; cruel; savagely brutal.
2. brutally harsh; vitriolic; scathing: his truculent criticism of her work.
3. aggressively hostile; belligerent.
I learned a new word! :)

re: http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248408

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
LOL... From how it was used in a sentence, I suspected it was along the lines of vitriol, but forgot to look it up.
I realize he simply plastered the same cut & paste 'review' to all the forums he could find, but it's too bad he didn't simply come here 1st and inquire about his problems (or read the various KSG threads. He would have found some answers.

Although... even after reading the broken rail thread, he refused to accept the answer. :( Oh well.
Thanks for the definition!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
"You said I borrowed your station wagon but I didn't. It was a truculent me, remember?"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"You said I borrowed your station wagon but I didn't. It was a truculent me, remember?"
And now, with this joke in mind, I will forever remember how to pronounce this new word! WooHoo, 55 years old and still learning! :)

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Youse guys...... :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Must be from Philly. I got razzed in the USN for saying that!
Nope. You couldn't pay me enough to live in Philly. No offense intended. I just like the sound of "youse guys" when it rolls off da bad guys tongues in the movies. :D

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Is that related to cousin Vinny's "yutes"?

JIm

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I don't consider it a topographical thing. My dad had a girlfriend, Gloria, born and raised in Plattsburgh, NY and she was always saying that "you'se kids" or "you'se guys". Some people do just talk different from there surroundings. Myself, I can fall into a southern accent pretty fair, but in reality upstate NY is pretty much across the board non-accented, unless you're of the French-Canadian descent. No disrespect to them, they are half my family by name-just not by blood. Just threw this in here to say those of us from NY don't all talk like the mafia.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcwfNyriJmo[/ame]

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
That still cracks me up.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Now my side hurts... crap.

Jim

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Nope. You couldn't pay me enough to live in Philly. No offense intended. I just like the sound of "youse guys" when it rolls off da bad guys tongues in the movies. :D
I should have said Philly area. I dont live in Philly either, but close. Saw a show years ago where Philly has a different dialect than Boston and NY. It may have had to do with the Quakers, i cant recall!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts