Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering doing the eraser mod. What I wanted to know is how all of you have yours set up and how it works for you. Do you have the eraser come in contact right before the break for staging? Or do you have it set up for right after?

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Some actually use rubber bushings, while others use a simple pencil eraser and others have 'punched' some rubber out of black rubber stoppers. Oh yeah... Some have simply built up a layer of black silicone rubber along the back wall of the trigger guard. Your only limitation is that of your imagination. :)

If you can't find black mechanical pencil erasers, use a black magic marker to color a regular eraser. If you use an eraser (black or pink), it WILL get hard and crack after a while (think about finding a forgotten about pencil :))and will probably need to be redone, but as easy as it is... No big deal.

If your P-11 is going to be used for personal defense, you definitely want the trigger stop to act as an Over-Travel stop that stops the trigger just AFTER the hammer falls, rather than it acting as a 'Staging' bumper that stops the trigger just before breaking, where you need an extra push to drop the hammer.

Why?? remember me writing that the rubber eraser will get hard with time? ;)
and... While target shooters and hunters may stage triggers, self defense shooters don't

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have bought some A-zoom snap caps and after a few hundred times, it is not as bad as it used to be. That and getting it broke in.

·
Registered
146 Posts
While target shooters and hunters may stage triggers, self defense shooters don't
What he said.

Cheers,
Mutha Bob

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah i had an eraser on my p11 for about 2 days. then i ripped it off. Do NOT stage the trigger in this type of gun, Just squeeze the trigger and practice with your gun and you will get far better with it doing that then adding an eraser. IMO, Like the masses have said, While target shooters and hunters may stage triggers, self defense shooters don't and this is far from any of those first two kinds of weapons. But the answer to your question is. when I did have one on my gun I put it to where the trigger just barely touched the eraser and then the trigger went off, with the eraser being right behind the trigger. The best setup I found (after 5 months of tinkering ) Is a trigger shoe, mag finger extensions, Limb saver rubber grip, Updated GID fiber optic sights And the paper clip mod to lighten up the trigger pull a little bit (1.25lbs). This setup for me has lightened up the guns harsh trigger and makes accuracy way better, With recoil being about 1/3 lighter feeling . My wife can now shoot it one handed and for me its the only way to go. just because you can do something to a gun doesn't necessarily mean you should. I asked the same questions you and everybody here does when there new to the site. other then the mods that I recommended you need to spend time with your gun using it so you can get used to it. Best of luck and I hope this helps :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts