Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Way Kool, with a capital K! Did you use one of the Glendo engravers for that, and how much effort is in it?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Looks nice!

Is the engraving on the top distracting when aiming?

How about the dot on the front sight, does it work well?

GL

·
Registered
36 Posts
yea, that def does look great. I wouldnt mind the sides but dont think I could handle the top while shooting. Def one of a kind :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I take a tracing of the panels on the gun that will be engraved, I then begin to sketch and fill the different panels with scroll work using a pencil. Once the sketching looks good, I then make a master of the sketch and file the original away for future references on other projects. Next the metal parts are coated with a substance called Chinese White, and then the tracing is transferred to the metal panels and the engraving begins.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is some amazing work. Congratulations. I don't have the guts to try something that advanced.

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
zbang gets a big thumbs up from me, but i am prejudiced as I have some ofwhat I consider his finest work....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not a huge fan of engraved firearms, but that is nice... would look nicer with squared/90 degree angles on the edges. But nice none the least.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would like to thank everyone again for viewing the engraving and custom scroll work, and thank everyone again for their wonderful constructive comments. It brings me great joy to taking a standard mass produced production weapon and begin to transforming the gun into a truly one of kind collector piece. Great Forum.

·
Banned
181 Posts
The photos of your pistols have me salivating. Darn nice looking work. But it also takes me back to my younger days. The days when I bought my first car. Couldn't afford much so I ended up with a beat-up used '67 VW. Damn those thing were built like a tank. And they kept on running and running. That was way back when I had more hair than sense. Luckily I have more of the later but, unhappily, lest of the former.

Two reasons I purchased my P3AT. The first is it's reputation and factory support. The second is cost. While I love the work you've done to these guns, I can't justify the cost. But that doesn't stop me from wanting one. Boy howdy do I want one. Thanks for the pics.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts