Engraved kel Tec / LCP

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by zbang, Apr 2, 2009.

1. zbang

zbang New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    I just finished this tonight and thought a few might enjoy this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    WOW!
    Impressive!

3. ChasF

ChasF Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Way Kool, with a capital K! Did you use one of the Glendo engravers for that, and how much effort is in it?

4. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Looks great!! :)

John

5. GoldenLoki

GoldenLoki New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Looks nice!

Is the engraving on the top distracting when aiming?

How about the dot on the front sight, does it work well?

GL

6. camoxjeep

camoxjeep New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    yea, that def does look great. I wouldnt mind the sides but dont think I could handle the top while shooting. Def one of a kind :cool:

7. ctlover

ctlover New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Outstanding job. How long did it take you to do that? You are obviously a very talented person.

8. zbang

zbang New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    I take a tracing of the panels on the gun that will be engraved, I then begin to sketch and fill the different panels with scroll work using a pencil. Once the sketching looks good, I then make a master of the sketch and file the original away for future references on other projects. Next the metal parts are coated with a substance called Chinese White, and then the tracing is transferred to the metal panels and the engraving begins.

9. STORMET

STORMET New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    That is some amazing work. Congratulations. I don't have the guts to try something that advanced.

10. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    zbang gets a big thumbs up from me, but i am prejudiced as I have some ofwhat I consider his finest work....

11. camoxjeep

camoxjeep New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    I dont believe a word of it unless we have pics ;) ;D

12. ice

ice New Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Very impressive !

13. hellraiser

hellraiser New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    wow...with hands that steady you must be an awsome shot!!! ;)

14. rhinokrk

rhinokrk New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Not a huge fan of engraved firearms, but that is nice... would look nicer with squared/90 degree angles on the edges. But nice none the least.

15. zbang

zbang New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    I would like to thank everyone again for viewing the engraving and custom scroll work, and thank everyone again for their wonderful constructive comments. It brings me great joy to taking a standard mass produced production weapon and begin to transforming the gun into a truly one of kind collector piece. Great Forum.

16. copterdrvr

copterdrvr New Member

Apr 11, 2009
    You Sir are truly an artist!

Copterdrvr

17. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    The photos of your pistols have me salivating. Darn nice looking work. But it also takes me back to my younger days. The days when I bought my first car. Couldn't afford much so I ended up with a beat-up used '67 VW. Damn those thing were built like a tank. And they kept on running and running. That was way back when I had more hair than sense. Luckily I have more of the later but, unhappily, lest of the former.

Two reasons I purchased my P3AT. The first is it's reputation and factory support. The second is cost. While I love the work you've done to these guns, I can't justify the cost. But that doesn't stop me from wanting one. Boy howdy do I want one. Thanks for the pics.

18. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
  19. tiburns

tiburns New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Really beautiful..

20. zbang

zbang New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Thanks again for all your wonderful comments.