Email Going Crazy

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by srqco, Aug 21, 2008.

1. srqco

srqco Guest

I have not posted because I am rather new to the ket tec and have been reading the website occassionally. There is one problem though EVERY post that is posted ends up in my email. Is there a way to turn that off. I have had a very large amount of emails.

Any help wold be appreciated.

2. cbert04401

cbert04401 New Member

Feb 18, 2008
    That happened to me when I signed up. I had to unsubscribe. I dont believe I entered the forum through the KT website the first time I signed up. I think I did a Google search and wound up here. I dont know if that has anything to do with it or not. Once I went through the KT website and registered,I was fine. It must have to do with something being checked or unchecked .

3. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Look across the top center area above the threads.  There is a line of buttons, one of which says "Notification".  Click on that button while on the main INDEX page, and it will show you what areas you have notification set for.  Your Notifications may be inadvertently activated for all threads.  You can activate Notifications for specific threads, or specific forums, and you will receive notification for any post in that particular area.  I have notifications activated for the Sub 2000 forum since I moderate there.  You can disable specific notifications while you are in that link.

Let us know if this helped.

4. shep854

shep854 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    This is interesting. When I first signed on and started posting, I would click the box at the bottom of the reply page to notify me of posts via email, but I never got email the first. I just used the notification feature at the top of the thread. I'll see if I get anything.

5. shep854

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    You are being assimilated. Resistance is futile.

;D

6. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Something I found through trial and error.  If you click that box during a "preview" of your post it won't take.  You have to check it before you click "post" in order for it to work.  Just an FYI.

:)

7. shep854

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    I have gotten nothing...

And, yes, I would click the "notify" box just before clicking "post".

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    You have us confused with the YAHOO KTOG GROUP. That is a totally different entity. In their registration process is a feature that emails you with EVERY new post on that forum. You need to go to Yahoo Groups... KTOG and undo that email notification option. Again, that is NOT us at all.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/grou...p;ch=web&pub=groups&sec=dir&slk=6

9. shep854

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    I guess he didn't like us...It wasn't my joke, was it? :-/ It wasn't that bad! :'(

10. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
  11. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I assume he thought the barrage of emails was coming from us.  Almost assuredly, they were not, and he will continue to get them until he fixes his problem at YAHOO GROUPS KTOG.  This site will not send you emails unless you subscribe to a thread as 3wbdriver mentioned in an earlier post.  Based on the volume of emails he is getting, I strongly suspect the emails are from the Yahoo Group.  It is a different version of message board with only one forum.  If you check the email notification box there, you get an email EVERY time anyone posts anything there.  In my experience, and this has happened before, the user has us confused with the Yahoo Group that I linked above.

12. EMills9MM

EMills9MM Guest

Sep 24, 2008
    I had the same results as SRQCO and unsubscribed due to quantity. I did not trip to the different groups until I read this thread. Posting is still a mysteryhowever. Don't know if this will work

Ed (NUB in Texas)

13. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    There is a link to the YAHOO GROUPS KTOG on our home page. Do not register there and click for email notifications or you will be sorry.

You will see the YAHOO GROUPS email box on this page...
    http://www.ktog.org 

You would think that folks know the difference between us and Yahoo groups but apparently, that does not occur to everyone. That link is leftover from the very early days of this site and I think it has long outlived it's usefulness.  Maybe I can get rid of it.  :-/

14. shep854

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Short answer:  Click on "Bulletin Board" at the bottom of the sidebar on the left of the home page, NOT the email link TxCajun is referring to.

15. EMills9MM

EMills9MM Guest

Sep 24, 2008
    Still trying to outsmart this posting bidness and if I knew/could find a more appropriate or descriptive forum I would use it.
    I have noticed a number of the postings and "signatures" and parenthetical descriptions of members use the word "weapon" when refering to their particular firearm. The word "weapon" sometimes plays into the hands and minds of the hostile meedia, print and electronic, gunban groups and detractors in general.
    I would suggest that using a word like firearm, pistol, rifle, P11, gun, sidearm or some other descriptive noun type word would be more appropriate.
    Offered for your consideration and all opinions worth price paid.

Ed

16. shep854

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Keep working on it, Ed. Things will sort themselves out; and yes, you are in the right place for your email issue.

As for use of the word "weapon", I tend to see it your way and try to avoid the term in general usage. I believe though that many members are convinced that we are "damned" by the anti's regardless of the terminology used, so they just let fly with whatever is felt appropriate.

Please don't hesitate to post your thoughts. KTOG'ers may disagree, but they will do so politely.

Oh, and BTW: WELCOME TO KTOG!!!! :)

17. EMills9MM

EMills9MM Guest

Sep 24, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome thought

Ed