Ejector Problem

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rls1158, Oct 18, 2007.

1. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    The problem? It's not there. I bought this gun a couple of days ago at a local gun shop. I did not know that the ejector was a loose part and could be easily lost. Well I've done just that--lost it (if it was there to begin with). When I got the gun home I immediately field stripped it and gave it a good cleaning. Now I'm missing this part. Can these small parts be purchased at a gun shop or do I have to order from Kel-Tec? And...is it safe to fire without it?

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Call KT (service - not parts) and they'll send you one or two free for the asking.  FWIW, the gun will probably work ok w/o it.  The upcoming round usually knocks the empty out.  For that reason, the last round may be an exception.

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    only from KT
    While you are getting some parts, get
    extractor, its spring and some screws
    recoil springs too

4. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    It is safe also. You're not the only one to lose one. I'm guilty as well and many others here.

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    No comment. :-[

6. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I didn't think any one has ever lost one. If you turn your back, the bugger makes a dash back to FLA ;)

7. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks all. This gun hasn't even bee fire yet. Kinda makes me sick but I'll live. :'(

8. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Go to the range this weekend and shoot it anyway. Last time I lost the ejector I didn't realize it till I took it apart to clean after a range session. I had no idea it wasn't in there and it worked fine.

9. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks Alamo. The biggest aggravation is that I think it's somewhere in my house!! My wife and I have searched high and low and it's well hidden wherever it is. I'll take your advice and shoot it tomorrow. :)

10. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    RLS - it is not in your house. By now it is 1/2 way home to Florida. ALL #115s are built with nano homing technology and given any chance they will escape and head home to Florida. You now must call Florida and ask them to send it back to you. The nice thing is that they make two for each weapon and keep one there which remains lonely until you order it up to come be with its twin in your weapon. If you have the opportunity to order twin #2 up before #1 escapes you can keep them together but must do so with extreme caution and security.

As elusive as they are, they are not that strong and have a weak link when it comes to grease. If you coat them with grease you are pretty safe to clean your weapon and it will stay in place and not run. But every few cleanings you will have to change its grease so when you do, be very careful.

The nice thing is that it is safe to shoot without it but, as others have said you may not get the last round of the magazine to eject.

-Scott

11. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks Scott. I like your style :) :) :) :)

12. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I called KT customer service this morning. I explained my situation and they said the'd send me another ejector.

13. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    I too like Scott`s style. He is a fine follow and a huge asset to this forum. :) :) :) :)