ejector lost and not found.

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by ssgrock3, Jul 26, 2009.

1. ssgrock3

ssgrock3 New Member

Nov 18, 2006
    knew I should have bagged the little begger, but said no I will just be careful and be aware of it. Nope, after soaking my slide and barrel in clp, went to put it all back together and oops where is the ejector. Dang thing is so small it has disappeared. Already have one on order now, but was thinking why in the world couldn't you use some loctite or something to keep this in place. does it have to float or ? this is not my first gun rodeo girls and boys, was just thinking out loud. I did read in the manual to be extra careful and not lose this part, but dang it, I only moved about 6 feet across a carpeted area now it is gone. $5 and however many days it takes to get here, lesson learned.

2. I don't know about the lock tite-  but no, it does not "float".  It is a separate piece made of steel because of the beating it takes.  (Aluminum would not hold up.)  I use a dab  of grease to help it hang on, and a metal magnetic parts tray when taking my guns apart.

3. JKMprof

JKMprof New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I ordered one from KT and it showed up in just a few days. I did the same thing. I also wonder if it need to be loose like that for some particular reason. ??

4. scotthsi

scotthsi New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Did they charge you for it? I lost one once and they sent me three for free when I asked in an email.

5. JKMprof

JKMprof New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I ordered from their website. I didnt think of just asking in an e-mail...but all those little parts are cheap anyway

6. scotthsi

scotthsi New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I ordered from their website. I didnt think of just asking in an e-mail...but all those little parts are cheap anyway[/quote]

Yeah, but the funny thing is you buy one, you get one. You ask nicely and get several for free!

7. JKMprof

JKMprof New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I ordered from their website. I didnt think of just asking in an e-mail...but all those little parts are cheap anyway[/quote]

Yeah, but the funny thing is you buy one, you get one.  You ask nicely and get several for free![/quote]

Somehow I'm not finding that really funny. ;)

8. scotthsi

scotthsi New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Funny strange, not funny "ha ha". ;)

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The frame is aluminum.  The ejector needs to be steel.  Thus it is a seperate part that can be removed.  For future reference, just call service (not parts) and they will happily send you small replacement parts for free.

The good news is now that you have been indoctrinated you will probably not loose another one... well, maybe not. FWIW, the gun generally runs fine without the ejector. The extractor pulls out the empty and the upcoming round knocks it into orbit. Thus sometimes the last round might not eject without the ejector.