Ejector block Part #115

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jackde3, Sep 30, 2007.

1. jackde3

jackde3 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Why does this little part come out of place so easily?
    Should it have some kind of retension click spring or something to hold it in better.

:question

2. kaltectom

kaltectom New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Many of us have misplaced this part from time to time. Put a little gun grease on it and it will stay in place when you disassemble.

3. jackde3

jackde3 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
  4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    And just so you know the legend has it: There are only two of them manufactured per each P3AT and they have a homing instinct. They strongly desire to return home to Florida. If you want, you can order your second one ahead of time so you will be ready to replace it. Once your original one makes it home you can ask KT to send it out to you again - sometimes they will even do it for free. Keep in mind that if you order more than one extra you might be taking it away from someone else.

When you clean your weapon keep those critters caged including the use of the dab of grease mentioned above! Its also good to know that in an emergency you can usually do just fine without it for all but the last round in the mag.

-Scott

5. george

george Guest

I do not have part #15 in my 1G P3AT ( 0140? ) It has went bang over 250 times with no problen.
    can any one tell me why ?????

Thank you Geo.

6. jackde3

jackde3 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    George, I think your still asleep - it's part # 115 a tiny ejector block on the inside rail
    after you remove the slide.
    and I will order an extra one because I will probly loose it in the grass or in my messy(gotta clean it up) garage.

7. george

george Guest

Mr Jacke3
    You are right I am asleep it is sunday right???
    It is part #115 not part ( #15 ). ;)
    Geo.

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Most Kel-tec pistols work fine w/o an ejector as the upcoming round tends to knock out the empty. The last round may be an exception... or not. :-/

9. Ohio_Rusty

Ohio_Rusty New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    I'm assuming you are referring to the little metal hand with the hook on it that grabs the rim of the shell to help unload the shell from the gun? That little hand and hook in my gun won't budge at all. The flat spring piece on the slide with the small screw in the rear is holding my ejector hand/hook in it's slot like it was cemented in there. Since it is in so tight and not falling out, I left it that way and haven't messed with it or tried to loosen it. That might be bad karma ....
    Ohio Rusty

10. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    That would be the extractor...The hook should be free to slide back and forth about 0.020" with the leaf spring holding it tight.

the ejector is that little harden steel piece that falls out of the aluminum frame (you might already lost it :eek:)

11. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
  12. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
     I have used grease and evern Silicone Seal to hold Part #115 in. Now I use nothing at all. It WILL escape eventually. Gluing it down only delays the process--And makes you complacent--So when it finally gets loose it is halfway to Florida before you evern niotice it is gone.

Better to be in the habit of removing THAT first, and locking it up as soon as slide is removed.

Packer.

13. Ohio_Rusty

Ohio_Rusty New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    I've never seen that part and I've had the gun apart twice for cleaning in the last week. I maybe have lost it already
    as I am really clueless as to what that part even looks like. Looks like I'll have to contact KelTec. Does anyone know off hand what that replacement part costs?
    Ohio Rusty

14. Bigrig

Bigrig New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    It may still be there. On my gun it does not want to fall out (so far at least). Take a look.

Nathan

15. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Oh, we can so fix that:
    [​IMG]

Note left side of frame just forward of the hammer (not a continuous run without this piece) and the offending 115 to the right.  115 is immediately above (to the right in the photo) where it drops into the frame.  It's also worth noting that this is the proper orientation to insert it into the frame - and the 5th or 6th one you will try). I had to severely sedate it to get this picture otherwise it was going to run.  

-Scott

16. Good pic Scott.

I have 3 P3AT's and I do not know how many times I have taken them apart.

I have NEVER lost an ejector.

I had read about this problem before I got my first 3AT and I ALWAYS take that part out as soon as the slide is off, and I ALWAYS clean and put grease on three edges of the ejector right before I put the slide back on.