EEZOX users

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gatorhugger, Mar 28, 2008.

1. gatorhugger

gatorhugger Banned

Jan 19, 2008
    Just bought a bottle. If you leave it on and let it dry and then daily carry in a leather holster, how often do you have to reapply for rust prevention?
    I heard it lasts just about forever if it doesn't get rubbed off, but how fast does it get rubbed off in somebodies pocket in a holster?

Anybody use this stuff a lot and have advice for rust prevention? Thats what I am using it for, I use other stuff for lubrication, like grease.

2. theheater905

theheater905 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Gator,
    I have used it for years and as far as keeping a coating and preventing rust its good. I had some magazines and guns stored and it still had that oily film after 4 years. In a holster or your pocket its gonna rub off like anything else. It is a one step product and is supposed to clean and lubricate at the same time. I really dont think it scrubs as good as some of the other product. I just recently switched to Shooters Choice Xtreme Bore cleaner and FP-10 for the oil. These products seem to clean a lot better, for storage the EEZOX leaves a thicker film.

3. gatorhugger

gatorhugger Banned

Jan 19, 2008
    Does it rub off as quickly as Break free, Rem oil, ect?

Or would auto paste wax last longer carried daily? I'm trying to avoid the daily wipedowns in the evening after carrying all day in my pocket.

4. flyby

flyby New Member

Mar 4, 2008
    No ..(link)scroll page..
    http://www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html
    is superior corrosion protection(i used it for yrs also) use the others you mentioned for the lubrication/cleaning part

paste wax is good protection also though and of course cheap

5. flyby

flyby New Member

Mar 4, 2008
    I've pushed the envelope with it during summer heat on a work trip for a couple wks(not recommended though :) ) but w/No problems ..but that was on a parkerized(porous)finish..same w/HC..the stuff holds in there as a dryish film ..you should still be able to get a few days protection on a 'blued' gun with the stuff easily ..but I'd wipe a blued ccw every every second day with a few drops externally just to be safe ..after all your paying for better protection than regular oils might as well use it as such and stretch it at least 2 days :)

6. gatorhugger

gatorhugger Banned

Jan 19, 2008
    Thanks that's what I needed to know. Every two days is better than everynight. Might even go wild and crazy and push for 3 days. ;D