Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been dying for an SU-16C model for the longest time, since I first saw one years back. It's my birthday in a few weeks, and I have a little jingle in my pocket, so no time like the present. Unfortunately, I can't find one ANYWHERE other than overpriced auctions on GunBroker.com. I've checked all the usual suspects (like Buds) and a bunch of gun sellers I've never even heard of. Can't find ANYONE who has one in stock. If anyone knows of anyplace selling the Su-16C (either online, or local to the Tampa Bay FL area) that currently has them in stock, please pass along the information, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Corey Lynch

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, I went ahead and bought an overpriced GunBroker one. I want one sooooooo bad, between it being my birthday and having a tax check sitting in the bank, I decided to go for it. I can't wait to shoot my new gun!!!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Congrats...I also just paid too much for a CA...not real bad but more than I see them listed for..at places that dont have them!! :) Supposed to be to my FFL on thursday this week..I'm stoked!
Paid too much for my PMR30 too..damn Kel tec's! :D

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I too had to wait forever to find one. The very few I saw locally were always priced at or well above MSRP. I finally found one on-line at the The Kentucky Gun Company for a good price. After shipping and transfer I got it for about $630, if memory serves me well. They don't have one right now, though. They do have an RFB, a KSG and a couple of S2K's.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I too had to wait forever to find one. The very few I saw locally were always priced at or well above MSRP. I finally found one on-line at the The Kentucky Gun Company for a good price. After shipping and transfer I got it for about $630, if memory serves me well. They don't have one right now, though. They do have an RFB, a KSG and a couple of S2K's.
Thats about the same price I paid for a "CA" shipped from a guy on Guns America..seemed within reason to me for a new gun that isn't out there anywhere.. :D

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
So I've been dying for an SU-16C model for the longest time, since I first saw one years back. It's my birthday in a few weeks, and I have a little jingle in my pocket, so no time like the present. Unfortunately, I can't find one ANYWHERE other than overpriced auctions on GunBroker.com. I've checked all the usual suspects (like Buds) and a bunch of gun sellers I've never even heard of. Can't find ANYONE who has one in stock. If anyone knows of anyplace selling the Su-16C (either online, or local to the Tampa Bay FL area) that currently has them in stock, please pass along the information, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Corey Lynch
Guy has a new on for sale here on the trading post for a good price...grab it quick!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went with the overpriced auction on Gunbroker as well. It's not that much more than suggested retail price, and I really wanted it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked mine up today from my local shop!!!!!!!!

After looking for one for over a year, I walked into my local shop a few days after Christmas and low and behold there was a brand new su-16c. Put it on layaway on the spot, and now it is mine!!

·
Banned
44 Posts
CDNN lists a LOT of stuff they dont have!! Might be in the catalog, maybe not on the shelf though...
You are correct. I called CDNN today. They don't have any Kel Tecs at all. I picked a used Hi-Point for $100 a couple months ago. If you can find a cheap Hi-point you might discover you didn't need the Kel Tec anyway. If you find a plain 995 you can get a kit to convert it to a TS model for $40. I can say this much about my Hi Point, a Kel Tec might shoot as good as a Hi Point but can't shoot better. Customer service is great. They didn't even ask if I was the original purchaser of the gun. They sent the parts I said were showing wear without any questions. Not broke parts but parts I just wanted to replace since the gun was tore down.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
You are correct. I called CDNN today. They don't have any Kel Tecs at all. I picked a used Hi-Point for $100 a couple months ago. If you can find a cheap Hi-point you might discover you didn't need the Kel Tec anyway. If you find a plain 995 you can get a kit to convert it to a TS model for $40. I can say this much about my Hi Point, a Kel Tec might shoot as good as a Hi Point but can't shoot better. Customer service is great. They didn't even ask if I was the original purchaser of the gun. They sent the parts I said were showing wear without any questions. Not broke parts but parts I just wanted to replace since the gun was tore down.
Hi-Point's guarantee is to whoever owns it at the time, not just the original owner which is why they did that..

And I dont want a carbine that shoots pistol rounds,( heck I've several pistols that shoot rifle rounds) thats like bringing a knife to a gun fight..I'll stick with my SU-16 thanks!! Oh, and if you think that Hi point can shoot as good as my SU-16, come on over, I'll set some targets at 200 yards and we'll see!!:D

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Back up to 100 yards with iron sights and it's on. I have a 2" spinner target. We can shoot it until someone misses. :)
Nah 200 yards will work fine..there in lies the difference in a pistol bullet and a rifle bullet...also I can, and have shot deer at 100 yards with a 223..wouldn't even think about that with a 9 mm pistol cartidge..

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Oh, I don't argue that point..I think its a nice setup, but it and the SU-16 serve different purposes...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I sent them an email today asking them why they are even in business! This is complete BS. NOBODY has any Kel-Tec products at all!!! I want an SU-16CA and a PMR30. I might as well be asking for God himself to send me them! What a joke. Why be in business if you arent going to at least TRY and meet demand???

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I sent them an email today asking them why they are even in business! This is complete BS. NOBODY has any Kel-Tec products at all!!! I want an SU-16CA and a PMR30. I might as well be asking for God himself to send me them! What a joke. Why be in business if you arent going to at least TRY and meet demand???
Well they're around, I have one of each you mentioned..keep looking...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts