duracoated p3at

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jerry, Jul 25, 2008.

1. jerry

jerry New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    i picked this up last nite from charlie at 2 brothers gun shop in new albany where the 111 gun shop was located charlie is a great guy and a hoot to talk with.they are the only gun shop in southern indiana that is open 6 pm to 10 pm only and they are very honest.its a very relaxed store with no hard sell.  
       [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i think the previous owner may be a nascar fan ::)what do you think? ;D

2. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Although this is a very interesting finish, I don't think it is for me. I prefer something a bit more subdued. To each his own.

Billy

3. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    IMHO - factory finish only for your carry weapons. Have fun with your range toys, but if you have the unfortunate bad luck to require use of your carry, it's not going to be helpful to show off non-safety related enhancements at your trial.

4. jpaul

jpaul Member

Apr 23, 2008
    How is it really gonna matter?
    Your Honor, this man shot my client with a factory finshed gun. or...
    Your Honor, this man shot my client with an after market finshed gun.
    I can not see how the finish is gonna matter one bit.
    (Unless they happen to be Tony Stewart fans)

5. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    I hope you got a fantastic deal on that gun because I think it looks terrible. Can the duracoat be removed somehow?
    :-?

6. Don't hold up any banks with that gun! I wouldn't mind one done in green and black jungle cammo.

Paul

7. poppo

poppo Active Member

Jul 3, 2008
    While I don't think something like a color scheme would make much of a difference, I do think other type of mods or even type of weapon could. For example, I was in the gun shop a while back and someone was buying a 'tactical' shotgun for home defense. The thing looked wicked and I was just about drooling as I was listening to the description of the features and was half tempted to buy one myself. Now I've heard before that since you most likely will get sued after a shooting regardless of if you are cleared legally, that facing a civil jury which most likely will have anti-gun folks on it could be a hurdle if your tricked out ready for war tactical weapon is paraded in front of the jury. It may be harder to convince them that you were acting in self defense as a last resort, instead of looking like a gun fanatic armed to the teeth just itching for a chance to try out your battle arsenal on someone (i.e. the poor 'victim' you just wounded or killed). Remember the law is not going to help you as much in a civil trial. Emotions are what usually wins or loses them.

8. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Here in Tejas shooting is allowable as a first response, not the last resort, for home invasion.

If you live in a state like Commiefornia where they have recently taken the first step toward outlawing fried food my advice is move.

9. Sassi

Sassi New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    The gun shown does not trip my wizzer in any way. But beauty is to each different. What I want to know is how is this stuff applied to the gun? Can anyone do it?

10. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    If you are happy with it, then I am happy for you.

Bo Bryant

11. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    that would look great in a glass case.....tony stewart's next team mate.....

12. jerry

jerry New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    ok guys
    1st of all i am going to remove the duracoat.2nd it is a pocket pistol that if pulled will be used not shown.
    i dont care that its ugly its still functional.i am sick of hearing how pretty or ugly a gun is.its a tool only.a delivery system for a piece of metal.i dont judge anyone on if they carry a kimber or a hi point.it does not make the man.i was not braggin on my new shootin iron just showing a new purchase
    this group is about sharing and that was my intention.i was not seeking your blessings or approval.
    i got it for protection.guess my wifes pink gripped taurus 85 is bad to

13. jpaul

jpaul Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Chill out man.  You asked folks what they thought, don't get mad when they say something you don't like.
    To each their own, if your happy then where is the problem?
    I think my wife would like her pistol a little better if it were purple. ;)

14. gvaldeg1

gvaldeg1 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Tony Stewart drives car number 20!  Car number 12 is Ryan Newman.  Also...who cares about the duracote?  It looks patriotic to me.  If it shoots well...I'd leave it alone.

As for your wife's Taurus 85...it's a great little gun.  If she likes pink grips, dandy. A lot of women won't have any gun at all. You're lucky! BTW, I have a 605SH2 which is very similar to the 85 but it's a 16-ounce .357 magnum.

15. Jerry-

I think it looks great the way it is. Some one spent a great deal of energy and time to paint that 3AT.

Not the finish I chose for my painted 3AT, but .... IMHO..... I think it would be a sad day to strip the finish from your new toy.

And as a side note... a sad day when KTOGers jump a fellow shooter on a new purchase in such away.

As momma taught me before I went to kindergarten.... If I can't think of anything nice to say, I need to not say anything.

16. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    LEAVE IT ALONE.... there isn't another one lke it....and by the way stewart's no. next year will be 14 and the other is to be announced......i think it likes way cool.....

17. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    My moma always said "Everyone to their own liking." If I like something that I have and others don't so what. I didn't buy it for them. Therefore, it doesn't bother me that they don't like it. I bought it for me. So if I am happy with it, then you should be happy for me. Enough said for moma was always right!

Bo Bryant

18. poppo

poppo Active Member

Jul 3, 2008
    I realize that as I live in Texas. However, there are still quite a few anti-gun folks here. And as I said, we are talking about a civil trial here, not a criminal one. The liberal self defense laws pretty much go out the window when you get sued and go to civil court.

When I took my CHL class, the DA guest speaker talked a lot about the subject of civil law suits. While he was not trying to tell people not to use what the law allowed, he made it clear that you better be aware of the consequences of using deadly force even if it was legally justified. His point was that just because you 'can' do something doesn't necessarily mean you always should (if you have other options) as it may end up costing you big $$ in legal fees.

19. jerry

jerry New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    im sorry i over reacted you are right it is ugly.

so is my dog :D but i can redo the gun

20. fwm

fwm New Member

Jun 14, 2006
    NW MO
    Tony Stewart drives car number 20! Car number 12 is Ryan Newman. Also...who cares about the duracote? It looks patriotic to me. If it shoots well...I'd leave it alone.

As for your wife's Taurus 85...it's a great little gun. If she likes pink grips, dandy. A lot of women won't have any gun at all. You're lucky! BTW, I have a 605SH2 which is very similar to the 85 but it's a 16-ounce .357 magnum.
    [/quote]
    Ryan Newman is rumored to be Tony's possible team mate next year. We'll just have to see.