Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I clean my guns, I work the trigger a few times (a partial pull) after I oil the trigger bar, hammer axis and trigger axis. This time I got a little carried away and accidently dropped the hammer fully. Obviously, I had to pull the hammer back manually into its normal partial-cock position. I then finished my lube job and reassembled. Everything seems normal and I'm sure this has happened before to others. Is it likely that one episode of doing this would've harmed anything? I'm not really expecting problems; just looking for some reassurance from someone with a better mechanical understanding of these little pocket rockets.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
What you have to watch is the firing pin retaining screw. It also holds the extractor. When you dry fire, the hammer smacks the firing pin into that screw...and this could mess up the threads of the screw...causing a mess.

But once or twice or even a few more times really shouldn't hurt much. Just keep an eye on that screw.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you have to watch is the firing pin retaining screw. It also holds the extractor. When you dry fire, the hammer smacks the firing pin into that screw...and this could mess up the threads of the screw...causing a mess.

But once or twice or even a few more times really shouldn't hurt much. Just keep an eye on that screw.
Thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts