Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I won't get to a range before the end of the month to try out the new P3. Cleaned and lubed it. Check all moving parts. Loaded snap caps. When I fire on a snap cap the trigger does not reset so I can fire again. I can rack the slide to eject the snap cap and feed another and then dry fire again. Is this normal? My P11 can be fired on one snap cap repeatedly.

Mike

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Your P11 does not have a hammer block and therefore has a "second strike" capability. Your P3 has a hammer block and has to have the slide pulled back about a quarter inch to reset the trigger.

Your's are working just the way they are designed.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Hudispit said:
you need live ammo in there so it can reset the trigger.  
It has nothing at all to do with live ammo.

As RAT76 just stated, that is the way they work.

Just like a Glock, which also has to have the slide cycled slightly to re-set the trigger.

If you do it right, it won't eject the snap-cap every time.

rcmodel

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
You only have to move the slide about 1/4" to reset the trigger for dry firing. This way the snap cap won't eject.

Bobo

·
Registered
295 Posts
i shouldnt answer questions if i am not 100% sure. i learned my lesson now plus learned how the trigger resets for future snap cap usage. i am going to do more reading from now on than answering since i am still a rookie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.