Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy I have a Gen 2 and it uses Glock style 22 magazines. I really want a drum magazine 50 rounds. I have looked at KCI and PROMAG . What has been your experience any recommendations ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a RWG 50 rounder that works fine in my Ruger PC9 but will not seat in my Kel Tec Sub2000 G2. Can't speak to the others.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the 17/22 in 9mm. Last night I spent about 45 minutes sanding down the section that goes into the mag well and made the notch that engages the mag release a bit higher. Now it works in my Ruger PC9 and the Sub2000.

·
Registered
325 Posts
FWIW I had a PSA 9mm Glock AR that ran fine on factory mags but my KCI drum wouldn’t latch in place til I notched one feed lip that was hitting an overinsertion tab. The KCI drum tower is just a bit bigger in all dimensions compared to a factory mag. Can’t comment on Sub2K as mine takes Beretta mags and the 9mm AR & drum is history.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a drum from Classic Firearms and tried it with my new .40. I loaded it full and had instant FTL. Later when I removed rounds to see if the feed issue was spring tension related, something sprung inside and I now need to open it up to reset and remove captive rounds. Nothing further yet as far as compatibility with my G22 or G23. I like the happy sticks just fine. I'll watch some YouTube to see how to service it one time before returning it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought a drum from Classic Firearms and tried it with my new .40. I loaded it full and had instant FTL. Later when I removed rounds to see if the feed issue was spring tension related, something sprung inside and I now need to open it up to reset and remove captive rounds. Nothing further yet as far as compatibility with my G22 or G23. I like the happy sticks just fine. I'll watch some YouTube to see how to service it one time before returning it.
Exactly the same experience I had, mine went in the trash. I stick to the 31 rounders or less.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone tried the MBX glock magazine extension, they have a extension that turns your 31 round mag to a 57 round mag, I’m sure it would work for .40 cal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts